22. Do I Make You Nervous?

Esther's POV

"Hey Sweet cheeks." Silas chirpped and jumped to sit on the counter while I wiped the sink.

"Sup dude." I replied before I went over to him for a fist pump.

"Just here for some milk." He shrugged.

"I'm gonna get you some." I smiled and went to open the fridge and brought out a carton of milk and two glasses.

"So if I hadn't asked for milk, would you have taken some?" He chuckled when I was pouring out the milk.

"Well initially, I planned to drink the milk alone." I informed reluctantly giving him a glass and he shook his head still chuckling as he took the glass.

"So, Silas." I said sipping my milk.

"Tell me about yourself." He tensed up a bit nevertheless he spoke.

"I live with my parents, I used to live with my elder brother as well but.." before he could finish, I tapped his arm and gave him an assuring look.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about it." I informed.

"No, it's time I do."

"Silas, I mean it, seriously." I said even though I wanted to know, so badly.

"No, I need to let it out." Silas said and sighed. "My brother because a psychopath." He paused and looked into his milk.

"What did he do?" I asked softly.

"He..He killed my little sister." He bit his lip and I gasped.

"B..But why?" I asked.

"I don't really know, he said she knew something about him that's why he killed her but Lula was such a calm humble girl." When he said this, there was silence for a while and I broke it.

You know me and my big mouth.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"Around the country, don't know where though." He replied and silence came again.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I live with my mom..my dad..well he abandoned me." I sucked my breath trying not to remember what happened.

"Sorry about that." He said sympathetically. "Any siblings?" He asked and I shook my head. I couldn't tell him about my dark past because I still felt I couldn't trust anyone.

My mom had no idea as well and I didn't know how to let anyone else know.

"Life is hard." I whined when he got down from the counter.

"Really hard." He agreed. "Even Terrance too had to experience that." He said.

"What about him?" I asked curiously.

"I don't think I'm supposed to tell." He said and I sighed.

"OK but how did you all meet? " I asked.

"High school." He said.

"Cool." I replied and finished my milk.

"Hey so are you guys staying here tonight?" I asked.

"Yup." And with that, we walked out of the kitchen and I felt an amount of weight lift off me when I talked to Silas.

"Oh, I need to do something from the kitchen." I remembered and he nodded and walked away.

Immediately I entered the kitchen, someone grabbed me and slammed me to the wall.

"Lord! Lord! Please save me! I promise I'll fast! I'll stop eating! Don't let me die now! I haven't eaten my future breakfast!" I blurted.