47. Terrance, I Can't.

Months later..

Terrance's POV.

Today was Esther's delivery day. Throughout the months, things had been very tedious and things got more exhausting when she had five days before this day.

She woke me up at odd times in the night just to get her food, water or even read her a story.

Yep, I've gone through a lot.

But it's all worth it.

Currently, I was holding her hand whiles she was moaning in pain.

"Baby, I'm scared." She panted and I held her cheek with my untouched hand.

"Everything will be fine, just take a deep breath.." I said and she inhaled."And let it out." I said and she exhaled.

The midwife  entered probably because it was time for delivery.

"Mr. Douglas are you sure you want to stay here?"The midwife asked and I nodded.

When Esther was asked to push, she screamed in pain and I held her hand firmly.

"You'll have a safe delivery, come on, just push." The midwife encouraged and she (Esther) pushed herself off the and and fell back.

"Terrance..I can't." She whined breathlessly.

"Yes sweetheart you can." I said and kissed her knuckles. "Do it for me." I pleaded lowly. "Do it for our future family." I said and she nodded and pushed herself again and in a few minutes, we heard a tiny cry coming from beneath her.

"Wonderful wonderful." The midwife sighed and we smiled together.

"Three more babies to go." She said and I widened my eyes. W. T. F??

"Bitch what?!" Esther growled and the midwife looked curiously at her.

"Um, weren't the two of you informed that you would be having quadruples?" She asked and my jaw hung open.

"Ahh! He's Kicking me! She's kicking me! They're kicking me!" Esther screamed and glared at me.

"You asshole! I hate you! Do you see what you've done to me?!" Esther growled reffering to me.

Me? What the heck did I do?

"W..what are you saying?" I asked and she screamed 'Terrance I hate you.' before she pushed herself again.

"If..if you hadn't impregnated me, I wouldn't have been in this shit." She pointed out breathlessly.

"Go home!  Get divorce papers! Sign them and let me sign too. We're over!" She declared and I winced at her words. I felt her nails digging into my wrist.

"Esther, how are you saying this?" I asked.

"With, my mouth obviously!" She pushed herself and I heard another cry.

"Fuck you Terrance." She breathed. "Get out! Ahh!" She screamed.

"Please Mrs, don't scream or else your womb will block, take a deep breath." The midwife pleaded.

"Terrance leave!" Esther yelled at me and the midwife pleaded with me to leave as the nurses took the first two babies. Reluctantly, I let go of her and walked out whiles she continued to cry in agony.

Her words really hurt me. Did she really mean all that? What aches my heart more was the part where she said she wants a divorce.

My eyes started moisturising and with reddish eyes, I sat next to her mother and propped my elbow on my thigh and laid my thumbs on my chin.