19. Esther Mara Never Knocks.

Esther's POV

I happily walked in the hall as I licked my ice cream at the same time. My smile wiped off when I halted my happy steps. Martha was giving out instructions to a girl, a tall girl who had beautiful auburn hair.

Was that Estrella?
But why would Martha give her instructions?
Was I going to be fired?
Was I going to loose my job?

I felt like running into Terrance's room and begging him him but shit!

"Esther, please come here." Martha said simply and my heart started hammering my chest.

"This.." She said motioniong to the girl standing by her. "This is Portia." I passed her a fake smile and awkwardly shook her hand. "I won't be around for a while and Portia is a new maid." She informed.

New...What?

"So that means..I'm loosing my job?" I asked in fear.

"No, no, no, she's just an addition." She explained and I sighed in relief.

"Hi, Portia." I chirped.

"Hi." She smiled shyly. She must be good.

"I've already told her the rules." Martha chipped in.

"OK then go to work."

***

It's been two weeks since Portia had been working here and I really liked her because she was hardworking and did most of my chores for me while I ate and slept.

Right after I finnished the laundry, I sauntered to the kitchen. I stopped my steps when I saw Portia making coffee.

"Portia, who's that's coffee for?" I asked.

"Oh." She smiled looking at me. "Sir Terrance said I should make coffee for him." She explained.

But bitch, I'm his personal maid.

Why would Terrance instruct a new maid to make him coffee? Ugh! I won't let that happen.

"Hey, let me take it to him for you." I offered and she passed me a smile.

"Thank you so much but Sir Terrance said I should bring it myself or else he'll fire me." She said looking worried.

A twinge went right through my heart. This girl too won't let me take the coffee to him.

"Um.. Esther?" She called and I looked at her hoping she'll give me the coffee.

"Please excuse me." She requested and I gave her way. I just can't hate her just because Terrance sent her, besides, she's really nice and polite. Terrance too was just a mean jerk.

Fuck you Terrance.

For not sending me instead.

Terrance's POV

I sat at my desk, yawning slightly and scratched my head, waiting for my coffee.

I had told the new maid, Patricia or whatever her name to tell Esther to bring my coffee, just so I can give her (Esther) more work to infuriate her.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. Knock?

Esther Mara never knocks.

"Uhh come in." I replied awkwardly and when I heard the door open, I got up from my desk and faced her.

"Patricia? I said Esther, not you." I countered feeling disappointed.

"Um.. Sir please my name..is Portia and Esther.. S..She said she was busy so I should do it for her." She pursed her lips.