Prologue

4 Years Ago
East Harlem , New York
February 2008

                          Priest at 14 years old I was sleeping peacefully in my bedroom upstairs until I heard a loud noise and it scared me out of my deep slumber , getting up to go and see what the noise was I grabbed my metal bat from my bedro...

I was sleeping peacefully in my bedroom upstairs until I heard a loud noise and it scared me out of my deep slumber , getting up to go and see what the noise was I grabbed my metal bat from my bedroom closet just in case I didn't have to bust nobody upside the head . I started creeping slowly down the stairs with the bat in hand along with a terrified look on my face , as I got to the last step on the staircase I crept into the kitchen around the corner.

As I got closer I heard sniffing like someone was crying then I looked on the floor and saw glass everywhere. As I crept around the corner of the islander , there I saw my mother sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest and her head on her legs.

I bent down to my mother's level of the floor and sat down with her and as I was putting my bat down I softly stroked her hair and as she felt my touch she slowly lifted her head up quickly and then once she realized it was me she hugged me tightly and started sobbing again on my shoulder.

" Mama it's just me it's okay why you crying what's wrong ? " I asked with worried tone in my voice and a shocked look on my face.

She started to calm down once she realized it was me that touched her and once she did she just brushed the fear off her face like it was nothing.

" Oh baby it's nothing mama just had a bad dream that's all , I'll be okay baby I promise. " She said with fear still clear as day in her voice and with what seemed like a fake forced smile plastered on her face.

" Mama are you sure you're okay , turning my head and looking down at the glass all over the floor I looked back up at her and asked , " Why is there glass all over the floor mama " ? She quickly turned and looked at the glass on the floor and quickly said , " See I was thirsty so I decided to come downstairs and get a glass of water and I thought I heard a noise that scared me real bad and I accidentally dropped the glass by mistake that's all.

Ohhhh so that's the noise I heard that scared me outta my deep sleep. I thought to myself as I laughed a little. My mom must've heard me laughing cause she asked what I was giggling about.

" Nothing mama I jus thought about something that's all. I said fanning my hand at her trying to change the subject.

" Oh okay ", she said sounding like she wanted too change the conversation as well.

Jumping up to sit on the islander I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly and said , " Oh okay but you sure you gone be okay though mama ? " I said with a little concern in my voice.

She walked over to the islander and stood next to me as she sassily rolled her eyes and chuckled a little and said , " Yes baby I'm sure I'm okay , I'll be fine. " Then she gave a kiss on my forehead and then one on my cheek.

She playfully pushed my shoulder as I laughed a little.

" Aye baby you mind getting that broom from the pantry closet and cleaning up that glass for me ? " she said as she was still leaning on the islander.

" Yeah mama I can do that for you. " I said I went to get the broom and dust pan from the pantry closet. As promised I carefully swept up the broken glass from the floor then went to go put in the trash.

" Alright mama you all good now. " I said with a little smirk on my face trying to make her laugh again before I headed back to bed.

She turned to face as she chuckled a little and replied ,  " Yes baby I'm all good now and besides I feel a little better at least now gone gone back upstairs to bed and get some sleep cause I'm about to go and do the same I done got tired again. " She said with sleepiness starting to creep up in her voice.

I sighed a little and said , " Alright then well goodnight mama I love you. "

Walking with her to help her up the stairs I gently held her hand so I wouldn't dare let her fall. As I stood by my bedroom door I waited until my mom was safely in her room.

As she was about too go in her room , she stood by the door and turned around to look me.

" I love you too baby sweet dreams and goodnight. " After she said that , she went inside her room and closed the door.

After she was safely inside her bedroom I went inside my own bedroom and closed the door and I walked over too my big comfortable bed , sat on the side for a minute with my head in my hand as I lifted my head up I lightly laughed a little as I got under the soft silk sheet on my bed and closed my eyes to doze off back to sleep.

Hope you guys enjoyed the prologue can't wait to release chapter one which I will try too post up sometime tomorrow and also starting from chapter one the story will take place in the present time just so you guys aren't confused in anyway.

Be sure to be on the lookout for chapter one tomorrow and be sure to leave comments and vote if you like. ❤️

                                              Princess Bee 👸🏽