Chapter 17

Priest                            Los Angeles , Ca                                     4:58amI sat in Kody's drafty cold hospital room  as I starred at his helpless body stretched out on the bed

                                    Priest
                            Los Angeles , Ca
                                    4:58am
I sat in Kody's drafty cold hospital room  as I starred at his helpless body stretched out on the bed. I peeked at my phone in my pocket to see the time and it read 4:58am , almost 5 in the morning. I took some deep calm breaths before I started to talk to Kody about everything that's been going on since he was in the hospital.

" Wassup bro , I know it seem like decades since you been up in dis' hell hole wit' tubes all up in and shit and uh , it's priest by the way in case you can hear me. Since you been in here bro , everything's just been happening and going by so fast for real. I don't even know how long I'll be able to do this shit without you. Shit , we knew each other since damn near high school and college like real shit. You been here wit' me since day one and ima make sure I return dat' favor by being here wit' you by yo side everyday and help you in any I can bro. "

As I stood up from the chair , I starred down at him laying there and all he could do was just breathe and stay silent. Walking towards the door getting ready to leave , I felt a tear drop that I realized I was holding back while I was talking to him. I closed the door back behind me as I left the room to go find Faith sitting on a bench down the hall from the room. 

" Hey , you okay ? " She asked as I approached her.

" I wasn't at first , but I'm all good now. "

" You sure ? "

I sat down on the bench next to her as I put my arm around her shoulder.

" As long as you here wit' me , I know I'm good. " I told her with reassurance in my voice.

" I'll be here wit' you as long as you need me to be but uh I need to shower and change my clothes first."

" Oh shit , I honestly forgot about you still being in ya going out clothes. Yeah do that. "

Standing up to leave , I walked her out to the lobby area as we both walked out to my car.

" On second thought , I think we both should take it in right about now , you know what time it is right ? I asked sarcastically.

" Nah , what time is it ? "

" Almost time for the sun to come up. " I said laughing.

We both got in the car getting ready to leave the hospital. As we drove off towards the house , we continued our conversation.

" Oh wow , I had no idea it was that late at night for real. " She said as rested her head against the window.

" Tired ? "

" Honestly , hell yeah. " I said as my eyes barely stayed open.

" Aight we'll be at the house in about 10 minutes. " I told her.