Chapter 5

Priest                                     New York                  August 2018 , 4 Months Later Months had passed since I last saw or heard from Faith and that was unlike us , unlike me mainly

Priest
New York
August 2018 , 4 Months Later
Months had passed since I last saw or heard from Faith and that was unlike us , unlike me mainly. Even though she was on my mind every second of everyday 24/7 , I still had a life of my own and things I had to get handled and situated as well. My mom was scheduled to go into a detox rehab facility for depression and alcohol in about 2 weeks and she was doing better until about 2 months ago , when I saw her pass out right in front of me while she fixing her plate for breakfast one morning and she had to stay in the hospital for at least 4 days at the most.

My mom's friend Debbie came all the way down to Brooklyn from New Jersey just to come stay and be with her at the hospital until I got myself together and situated. I couldn't take it to see my mom in pain like that especially when she was wasted drunk or could barely even recognize her own family or friends or the people around her. She would have some good and days but that day was much different from all the others.

" Auntie " Debbie decided to stay in Brooklyn with my mom until she went into rehab which was good for me because ever since the hospital , it seemed like my mom was getting worse and it actually dawned on me that she truly did need help more than ever. I just knew it was time to put her in that rehab center. I would do anything to help and see my mom get better and see her laugh and smile again.

I tried to call Faith since I saw that she called me but I didn't pick the phone cause I was dealing with my mom and still trying to figure out where my lil foster brother Rah was or where he might be. I tried calling like twice every month but I still didn't get a answer so I jus stopped calling and texting all together.

Even though I was going through hard times right now , I still wanted .... needed her by my side like no other. I couldn't deny the feelings I had for Faith , they became stronger and stronger everyday and that just didn't sit right with me. I needed her to know how I felt and finally get it off my chest but I desperately needed to know whether she felt the same way about me. Every time I saw her or was around her , I always got butterflies and they never went away since the day she came by to see me after my father passed. It was like someone sent me a angel to watch over me and Faith was that angel.

Since my mom was getting worse and it seemed like I had nothing else or no one to turn to , I had decided to call up an old friend from way way back in high school about sparing me a job pushing weight ( selling drugs ) until I got back on my feet. I didn't wanna get back into this street life but the way my mother was and me not having a job anyway , I honestly didn't have a choice and I needed this job badly.

I called up an old friend from high school days , Kody but known as Koda in the streets.