Chapter 40

Ember                          Atlanta , Ga                               1:30pm The basketball game between the Warriors and the Hawks was over afterwards Tristian and I had started to wa...

                              Ember
                          Atlanta , Ga
1:30pm
The basketball game between the Warriors and the Hawks was over afterwards Tristian and I had started to watch a scary movie on Netflix called The Nun. Overall we were enjoying our quality time together in addition to that it was satisfying just getting to know Tristian as well as just taking in every moment we spent together besides it was obvious that we were beginning to have secure feelings towards each other in a short period of time however we'd only had been seeing one another for just a couple of weeks.

We were both sitting on the couch still watching the movie together when I heard Tristian's phone go off. He took it away from his pocket as I peeped this weird expression on his face like something was wrong but he continued to look at his phone instead then I checked up on him to see if everything was fine.

" You okay ? " I asked him curiously with a worried look on my face.

He glared at me with watery eyes as he just walked giving me a hug without saying a word which had me more alarmed and bothered at this very moment more than ever but I didn't want to bombard him with questions because I could tell he was distressed and upset still it was clear that he needed a friend and I was willing to be just that and grace him with my presence in any way possible.

He glared at me with watery eyes as he just walked giving me a hug without saying a word which had me more alarmed  and bothered at this very moment more than ever but I didn't want to bombard him with questions because I could tell he was distres...

He broke away from the hug as we walked back over to the couch where we sat down in silence for a few seconds before I began to say something however I was afraid of how he would react. I unclogged my throat as I started to talk.

" If you need anything you know I'm here for you Tristian , just like you were there for me. I don't know what's wrong but whatever it is just know everything will be fine and I'm here if and whenever you need me I promise. " I told him taking his hand and gently laid it in my lap.

He gazed at me wiping tears from his eyes and suddenly leaned in to kiss me. I wasn't surprised at first but I knew that it would happen eventually therefore I played along with it yet I still didn't want things going too fast so I stopped him in the middle of the kiss.