Chapter 1

4 Years Later
East Harlem , New York
April 2012

                              Priest at age 18 It wasn't until around the times between spring and summer when my mom and I both found out we had to move away but we couldn't just up and leave right then just yet

                             Priest at age 18
It wasn't until around the times between spring and summer when my mom and I both found out we had to move away but we couldn't just up and leave right then just yet. We had to wait until the lease was up for the apartment my father bought all of us after I turned a couple months old. Then a couple more months after we moved in and got settled , my mom found out that she got laid off from her job as a housekeeper where she would go and clean houses with her longtime friend Debbie. My mom Katrina also known as ' Kat ' to family and friends , her friend Debbie became like a sister to her and an Aunt too me so once I saw her coming around so much at the age of 14 and plus she would come sit with me some nights when Mama would be out working late and she didn't get home till 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes that's when I got comfortable around her and just started calling her 'Auntie ' instead of  ' Miss. '

A couple months after my mom got laid off ' Auntie ' Debbie had to end up moving in the house with me and my mom to help out with some things around the house just until mom and I could handle things on our own , besides I didn't have a job right now even thought I was 18 now and had a car but I wasn't going to school either so that just made things worse in my opinion.

But it did help out a lot that auntie still had her job as a housekeeper which bought more money in to help Mama out with bills and groceries.

A couple weeks after auntie moved in , things seemed to be going calm and smoothly which was okay with me because I always enjoyed Auntie's company and presence around the house when she wasn't working. On the days she wasn't working she would do everything mama , I mean EVERYTHING.

She would just let my mom stay upstairs and sleep in or let her come downstairs and watch tv or just do or go wherever while I offered to help Auntie with anything she needed help with. Seems like life was going smoothly for all of us this time around.

It wasn't even quite close to a year yet when we all found out about my father being killed. My father was a well known drug dealer in the city of East Harlem and around other parts as well , even in Florida and Jamaica. My father's name was Kaine 'King ' Young. Everybody in the streets and in his crew knew him as ' King. ' He was barely ever around which was why Auntie would come stay some nights with me while Mama was at work.

He would always be out of town and barely came home so much to the point where him and my mom would argue every single day nonstop when he would come home sometimes. I would hear their arguments through the wall in my bedroom while I would be watching tv and just so I couldn't hear them screaming their lungs out at each other , I would either turn the tv up real loud or blast the music on my phone with the volume up high as it could go.