Chapter 35

Priest                           Atlanta , Ga                               2:45pm I left Faith's hospital room to go check up on my mother to see how she was doing

Priest
Atlanta , Ga
2:45pm
I left Faith's hospital room to go check up on my mother to see how she was doing. Last time I came to see her she wasn't doing too good and it might've still been the same today as well. As I was walking off the elevator walking towards the lobby area , I saw Auntie Deb sitting down reading a book. As I sat down next to her , she looked up from her book turning her attention towards me.

We both embraced in a hug squeezing me tightly like she was happy to see me. I was happy to see her too but not as much as I was waiting to hear the news about whether my mom was showing some progress or not. We broke away from the hug as I looked at her and impatiently asked her the only question I was thinking about since I came here.

" How's momma holding up , any improvement from last time ? "

" Same as from the day she came here. " She said closing her book and laying it down on her lap.

" Damn. " I said as I looked down rubbing my hands across my face.

" Aye now watch ya mouth

" Aye now watch ya mouth. " She said as she hit me on my leg.

" I'm sorry Auntie it just hurts me that mom's in here not getting any better and I can't do anything about it. "

She looked at me and grabbed my arm.

" I know exactly how you feel baby but she will get better. It just takes time and patience. " She told me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

" I really needed to hear that right now Auntie thank you. " I told her holding her hand.

" You know I'm always here whenever you need me Priest. " She told me gently touching my face.

" Yeah I know Auntie. Well ima go in and check on momma , I'll see you later. " I told her.

" Okay baby I love you too. " She told me as she sat back down in the chair.