Remember when

Pauline's POV

I woke up and went down stairs to see food already cooked and Bowsette being clearly angry about what happened yesterday. And goombette was there trying to make sure she didn't flip out. Zelda was eating in silence that is nothing new. And Mario and Peach where talking with her giving him a kiss. I remember when me and Mario where together those where happy times. I wonder why he broke up with me. Did I do something wrong.

Mario: hay Pauline what's wrong.

Pauline: nothing.

I said as one tear fell down my cheek I ran to get some fresh are.

Pauline: you need to cool down nothing bad is going to happen from some old memories.

Mario: Pauline what's wrong you left crying.

Pauline: I wasn't crying it was just one tear.

Mario: close enough for me. I just don't want you to be sad.

I stood there for a second he still cares about me and he never tried to hurt me maybe I should tell him.

Pauline: I was just thinking about the past.

Mario: really what happened then.

Pauline: remember when we first meet.

Mario: yeah it was the 5 week in highschool when me and Luigi moved and had to go to a new one and the new one you where there and you helped me and him find our classes.

Pauline: yep back than you where just as clumsy as you're brother but still stood up for what was right. Like when my boyfriend at the time. What was his name.

Mario: spike

Pauline: yes him. After he hit me in front of everyone you where the only one to stand up to me. Sure you got your butt kicked in the process but you where the only person to stand up to that bully after that you asked me out.

Mario: I asked you out after I made sure spike was sent to another school. And I was a total mess.

Pauline: don't blame you I was really pretty.

Mario: and you where the first girl I asked out and than you where my first girlfriend. You where strong and independent you always worked hard to achieve your goals that was why you were a straight A student and never let someone talk down to you. You inspired me Pauline.

Pauline: I did?

Mario: Yes you did. If you didn't wouldn't be a hero I am now or as brave. That is why I love you.

Pauline: is don't you mean was.

Mario: no I still love you back than and forever.

Pauline: than why did you break-up with me.

Mario: It was because I was holding you back you wanted more opportunities but you stayed in Brooklyn because of me. So breaking up with you was the only way that you would leave and have a better life. And it worked you became a great singer than a business woman, and now you are both of those plus mayor of new Donk City. I know it broke you're heart but I wanted nothing but the best for you.

Mario is a really nice guy no wonder I fell in love with him in the past and still too this day.

Pauline: why did you start dating Peach.

Mario: I love her too. He kindness how she always tried to look presentable and knew when step in and do her part. Sure she is mostly a damsel in distress. But once you get to know her you can easily see past that. I am not someone to judge a girl base on the surface level I judge girls on who they are.

Pauline: you are the nicest guy I ever meet.

Mario: that is how the Mario family tree works. Luigi and I where though to treat most people with respect.

Pauline: who do you not treat with respect.

Mario: bad people that don't deserve it. Like Bowser.

I turned over to him and kissed him on the lips. I haven't done that in a long time and it was just as good as I remember.

Pauline: never change Mario never change.

Mario: don't worry I won't.

I saw him walk off but before he could leave I told him something.

Pauline: if peach breaks you're heart, if you feel like you love me a little bit more, or you feel like it is not working out. I am more then ready to take you back.

Mario: Nice to know.

He fully left. After that talk I know I still have a chance for him to be mine. All I need to do is try to earn his heart back. Like he did to me.