Chapter I | His Wings

Sam glanced back at your truck that was following his older brothers Chevy Impala, your truck had slight mud caked on the tires from having to drive through the mud just to run over a vampire that was going to attack Dean- who currently sat in your passenger seat drunk. It was just a few days ago when the 'Darkness' had been released and you weren't quite sure what that meant.

Castiel looked over at Sam curiously wondering what was going through his head "How do you think they are doing?" Castiel asks making Sam sigh.

"Not good, Dean drunk is quite annoying sometimes." Sam answers truthfully "But we only have two more hours till we get there." Sam adds.

Castiel looked into the rear view mirror wondering how you and Dean were managing.

"I love women!" Dean yells it of your truck window to a passing by car.

"Dean get your dumbass back in here!" You scold trying to focus on not swerving off of the road while trying to pull Dean into the truck.

"Don't be a bitch." Dean complains.

"Don't be a dick." He looks at you and scoffs "As if." He grumbles.

You sigh and curse yourself in your head for ever letting Sam decide that rock, paper scissors was how you two would decide who had to ride with Dean. You stared at the Impala in front of you and wondered how life was going to play out for you guys, lately you've been off like something wasn't right and hell it could've been since the 'Darkness' had escaped- but you weren't sure.

Finally after two antagonizing hours with Dean you pulled up to a motel. You got out of your truck and shot Sam a glare making him laugh "That bad, huh?" He asks "Oh it was awful, if he wasn't singing off key he was ranting and raving about women." You complain.

"We heard his statement about loving women." Castiel chimes in making you look over at him and smile "Yeah, he was an ass for that." You laugh walking over to help a drunk and scared Dean out of your truck.

"I don't wanna fall, it's really high up." He slurs "Oh shut up you big baby." You groan slipping his arm around your shoulders and helping him to the motel room Castiel had graciously gotten for you four.

"Okay, so what's this case about?" You ask sitting down at the table with Sam and Cas.

"A creature acting like two creatures. Three people had their hearts ripped out while four others were drowned in a lake." Sam explains.

You look at him and felt dumbfounded "So a werewolf that also has a kink for drowning people?" You ask curiously "It seems." Cas sighs you look at him then at Sam "Or is it two different things?" You ask again.

"It couldn't be, the world is small but not that small Y/n." Sam reminds you.

"It has to be two different things." You insist.

"So a werewolf, and a mystery creature?" Sam asks you shrug "Yeah, maybe." You sigh looking down before you rest your head on Castiel's shoulder making him get a small smile.

"We'll look into your theory, but I think we should get some rest." Sam shuts his laptop and stands up walking over to the small couch and getting comfortable "Yeah I guess so." You whisper getting up and walking over to the second bed and laying down.

Castiel looked at you and walked over "I love you, Y/n." He whispers kissing your cheek "I love you too, Cas." You whisper back.