Chapter III | His Wings

You sat in the motel room with your laptop in your lap as Dean sat on the bed with a book in hand, you four had decided splitting into two groups of two would be easier and faster- since there was two monsters. You were looking for anything on what could be the supernatural being haunting the lake.

"Anything?" Dean asks making you sigh and shake your head.

"What the hell are we even looking for?" You ask, and with that question your phone started ringing "Jennifer?" You ask making Dean look up and raise his eyebrow towards you.

"Wow.. Thank you very much Jennifer." You hang up and look at Dean "I think I know what it is." You gnaw on your bottom closing your eyes shaking your head.

"I don't like the way you're looking, Y/n." Dean groans.

"She heard you earlier saying it came out of the water, she said it never did come out of the water it tried to lure her into the water. Ever heard of Ashrays?" You ask at the end making Dean shake his head 'no'.

"They were supposedly mythological creatures, they're very rare and very needy of water." You inform him he stands up and walks over sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for the rest of the information.

"Basically they are translucent water creatures, they dwell in the water and they can very much drown a human or animal." You sum up.

"How do we kill the son of bitch?" Dean asks.

"By removing it out of the water and into the sun, when it dies-"

"Let me stop you there, how do we pull it out of the water?" Dean asks.

"You're interrupting people a lot today, but it has a figure it's just translucent. It's kind of like water I guess." You shrug making Dean sigh "How do you know about them? I've never seen one." He asks "My adoptive father was obsessed with them, he never seen one but he wanted to." You answer.

"Any word from Crowley?" You look at Dean and shake your head "I have more pressing matters anyways, let's go find our water friend." You stand up and Dean looks at you curiously, he knew you weren't telling the truth.

"We don't know where she is!" Sam groans "You're lying, I saw you both come in with her. Where is she?" Thena asks keeping Sam and Castiel pressed up against the wall "With Dean somewhere, probably completing this case!" Castiel snaps Thena glances over at him.

"So you're the angel she married, well the one who she had a fake wedding with." Thena smiles making Castiel glare at her "They don't have a piece of paper saying they are married, big deal. They had a wedding and they said 'I do' that sounds like a wedding to me." Thena releases the boys and sighs.

"I'm only here to help Y/n, but she hasn't been up to date on me. Just help me help her so my debt is paid." Thena explains.

"A witch helping a hunter?" Castiel asks.

"I'm helping a hunter who saved my life, she wants answers as to who she is and who she belongs to. And I can give her that." Thena informs them "So, what do you say?" She asks.

You and Dean stood outside of the lake "Alright I'm going in, you can stay out here." Dean nods you grab his arm and look at him "Um.. No, it's only 11.54 we have to wait until sunrise." You remind him.

"Well still, I'm going into that water." Dean persists.

"We both need to if we want a chance to kill it, you don't even know how to kill it do you?" He shrugs "Pull it out of the water, simple as that." Dean nods.

"You'll need help, and I'm going to help." Suddenly Dean was being dragged into the water.

"Dean!" You call out as he surfaces.

"Son of a bi-" you headed straight into the water towards Dean and the Ashray.

You struggled against the creature, you couldn't hit hard under the water but you were managing to kick and push at the creature. Which soon it had had enough of you kicking and pushing it released Dean, just as you had gotten him to the surface you were yanked under the water.

Dean glared down and slammed his foot down into the face of the Ashray making it release you "Hey, come here!" Dean grabbed you pulling you to the surface "It's a lot harder than we thought." You gasp as you both tried making it for shore.

The Ashray had yet again grabbed ahold of Dean making you grip Deans hands "Kick it!" You instruct making Dean lunge his foot back and escape free of the Ashray's grip.

You both laid on the shore feet from the water out of breath "Waiting till sunrise seems smart." Dean breathes out making you hum in response "Those things are relentless." You mutter.