All They Could Give~8 [unedited]

Trigger warning, abuse and violence.

Jennie woke up to someone bursting through her room door. She jumped up and saw her mother with a crying Layla who she had harshly gripped by her upper arm. She pushed her against the bed frame making her fall onto the ground. Jennie quickly picked up her younger sister and wrapped her arms protectively around her, making the girl cry into her shirt.

"What the fuck mom?!" Jennie whisper yelled at her mother. "This fucking BITCH her fucking walks in on me and fucked everything up!" she screamed. Jennie felt how Layla was trembling in her arms and grew angry at her mother. "She is a fucking kid mom please lower your voice. She is scared to her core" Jennie pleaded with her mom. She knew that once her mother was full on rage she wasn't able to calm down until she had done what she wanted to do. "Calm down? YOU ARE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN IN MY OWN FUCKING HOUSE?" She screamed fuming at Jennie. "Mom I-" "no shut the FUCK UP" she screamed and lunched forward, hitting Jennie hard on the nose. She felt a warm liquid drip down and wiped it away with the back of her sleeve. "She FUCKING ruined it! She turned him off and he FUCKING LEFT!" their mother screamed. "Don't you fucking get how much GOD DAMN MONEY I JUST LOST?!"

Jennie felt how her little sister was sobbing and trebling in her arms. "Mom please..." Jennie said, her defense slowly starting to crumble away. Her mother raised her fist again and Jennie hunched over to fully protect Layla and to at least try to protect her face. She felt the fist of her mother collide with the side of her head and had to do her best not to let out a scream of pain. When her hair got yanked up and felt a fist collide with her cheek she realized that her mother wasn't going to stop it anytime soon. And if she wanted to stay conscious to protect Layla she had to act up now. She quickly pushed Layla off of her, which made the girl cry harder, and pushed her mother away. "Please stop mom you are hurting me" She sniffled. Her mother was going to kick her but she managed to move aside on time.

Quickly grabbing her phone she lifted up Layla and held her tightly against her. Her mother tried to hit her face again but failed and hit the back of Jennie's head. Jennie ran as fast as she could downstairs, yanked her key from the hook nearby the door and grabbed Layla's shoes. She was going to grab her own pair but when she saw that her mother had grabbed an empty beer bottle she quickly opened the door and ran outside, a beer bottle flew past her head and she heard her mother screaming that "she was going to pay for it!" but she didn't care to listen. She continued to run with the crying girl in her arms and her phone, keys and Layla's shoes all gripped in between fingers. When she felt like she was at a safe distance from her mothers house she sank down on the cold and dirty floor.

"Layla please let me go for a second I promise she can't hurt you anymore" Jennie shakily whispered. "All i need is to put your shoes on... Babygirl please" she pleaded. Layla let go of Jennie but didn't stop crying. Jennie quickly put on the girls shoes before getting up again and let her sister get onto her back so it would be less difficult for her to carry. She could vaguely recall that Jisoo was still staying at Rosé's house so there is where she went.

It was almost three in the morning and she was walking in the streets without any shoes on and with only a tshirt and a piece of undergarments. Her head was throbbing, blood was still flowing from her nose and she had a crying girl on her back.

After she finally arrived at Rosé's house she rang the bell a few times in a row. She with shaking hands tried to fit her own key of the house into the door but before she could succeed Rosé's mother was at the door. "Jennie?" she exclaimed surprised but immediately looked worried when she saw in which state Jennie came. She knew Jennie her housing situation wasn't the best but what she saw here seemed unreal. Jennie quickly walked inside and a few steps in she sank down on her knees and full on started sobbing. Rosé's dad who had seen everything quickly rushed upstairs and made woke the two girls up who rushed downstairs eventho they were confused. Once they saw her best friend laying there on the floor crying her hearth out they quickly fell down next to her. Jisoo and Rosé carefully sat her upright and her dad came in running with the first aid kit. Jisoo held Jennie's head upright so the nosebleed would completely stop.