I Am Qualified Enough~17 [unedited]

The moment she stepped foot out of the limousine cameras started flashing into her face. She smiled and walked towards the entrance of the building the brand promotion was going to be held, protected by two body guards walking beside her.

On the ride she read through the points that she needed to address in her short speech. Her fathers company covered a lot of things but this particular one was just to promote the face of the company. This was going to be the biggest event she'd attend and have a big part in on her own. She felt really nervous as there were going to be a lot of international guests. This event was mainly to give the big companies in Korea an opportunity to show to the international companies what they were about and why they would like to work together or collaboration.

Next to the bite she took in the morning and the two cups of coffee she didn't have anything else in her system. She was nervous out of her mind, scared that she would fuck it up, forget her speech or something else would happen. What made her even more nervous was that the entire event was going to be broadcasted live on the television. So she couldn't mess anything up.

***

"I find it really interesting an all, but isn't it a bit worrisome that a 17 year old girl is doing this?" One of the guests spoke up in English after Lisa had finished her speech. A few people nodded, agreeing with him and they turned their attention back to Lisa who stayed calm and smiled. The CEO of the company, that stood next to Lisa, wanted to say something but Lisa signaled to him that she got it under control.

"I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about Sir. As the daughter of Mister Manoban, and one of the spokes persons of his company I can say that I am qualified enough to handle this. Even my father believed that, otherwise he wouldn't have allowed me to do this. Since I was young I have been exposed to this world. I have grown up together with the company. Over the years I have acquired certain knowledge about this. So with all due respect sir, I can handle this. " she said in fluent English. She ended up answering a few questions without a problem and spoke up a few more times during the event.

Two hours later it had finally ended and Lisa was walking around greeting people and answering some more questions and receiving business cards of most of the companies that attended, most of them wanting to do a collaboration with her fathers company or wanting to work together. She started to feel a bit light headed and hot which made her realize that she needed to eat as soon as she could. But since she was one of the main guests she wasn't allowed to leave yet.

"Lalisa Manoban it is?" She heard someone say and she slowly turned around. She saw a hand reaching out and she shook it while looking at the man that stood there. "I'm Severine Merle, CEO of the brand Celine." Lisa slightly bowed, "Nice to meet you sir". "I am interested in your fathers company but as I saw you up there I thought of something else. We don't do this with a lot of people but I realized that you might have potential. We are on the look out for some ambassador outside of France and The Usa. And you seem like a perfect candidate to potentially become one." Lisa felt taken back and was surprised at what she heard "Oh wow... that is... unexpected" she chuckled nervously smoothed out her dress. "Before it can become reality I still need to discuss it with my associates but you will hear of me. I already have acquired your fathers business card but here is mine. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. You will hear soon from us" He smiled before handing her the business card and left. Lisa was still dumbfounded but continued her evening, growing weaker and weaker. When she finally was allowed to leave she felt a bit sick. On her way out towards her ride there were still a lot of people from the press taking pictures. She felt dizzy and wanted to shut all the people up that were screaming her name just so that she would turn her attention to them so they could get a good shot of her. She didn't want to end up on the news paper, twitter or instagram.

***

"Why are you so smiley, who are you texting?" Mi-Yun, Jisoos sister, asked as she plopped down on her younger sisters bed. "Oh no one..." Jisoo said and looked at her sisters face that had an 'I don't buy that' written all over her face. Jisoo chuckled and laid back and locked her phone. "No one special... Just a guy I met yesterday at the library" "Oehhhh tell me more!" Mi-Yun said and hit Jisoo her leg who let out a laugh "His name is Jora, he is 18 and he attends the school where they also do acting, I forgot the name. But yeah, I just met him today." Mi-Yun smirked and got up "Sounds nice. Enjoy talking to your boy but I'm going out". Jisoo rolled her eyes "He is not my boy. And be safe please!"

Jisoo turned her phone back on and saw that he had asked her if she was free on tuesday and if they could go to the library together to continue reading their book and maybe find a few new ones. The girl thought of this as a great idea and accepted the offer, already excited for it.

***

Last night Lisa got home at twelve making her more tired than hungry. Which means the next day she had trouble getting up as she felt dizzy and ready to. On her drive to school she stopped at a tank station and bought a sandwich and decided to buy three cups of coffee. She drank hers while driving which made her feel better than before.

Arriving at school she saw Rosé and Jisoo sitting on a bench near the entrance of school. She quickly walked up to them and handed them the coffee mug "good morning. Would you guys like some?" They accepted it gratefully.

"You did amazing last night" Rosé commented and Lisa blushed "oh, um, thank you Rosé" "yes you were so amazing! My family and I watched for a while they were all so impressed" Jisoo stated which made Lisa bite back a smile "Thank you guys so much. If you had felt my heart racing" she chuckled and the others laughed "nothing less you slayed".

And so their day started without Jennie.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Not a too long chapter babies 💕

I hope everyone is doing okay! 😊

Maybe tell me what you'd like to see in future chapters

Love yall

Ps THEIR PERFORMANCE WAS SO GOOD