Be My Prince~25 [unedited]

Jennie rushed downstairs as she had gotten a text from Lisa saying that she was at her place. As she searched for her bag she suddenly saw her mother digging through it.

"What are you doing mom?" Jennie asked and her mother glared at her as she held up a small stack of 1000 won bills.

"Where the fuck did you get this money from?" She asked with raised eyebrows and Jennie swallowed before shrugging, "I cleaned a few cars yesterday." She mumbled before grabbing the money out of her mothers hand and shoved it into her shorts pocket. She picked up her bag that her mother had dropped to the floor and made her way into the small hallway.

"Do you really think I believe that bullshit? Where the fuck did you get that money from?" Her mother grew angry and Jennie quickly put on her sandals before grabbing her keys from the hooks that hung on the wall and got out of the house. Before she could properly close the door her mother yanked it open again and screamed at her.

"I swear you are just a filthy whore! There is no way you did that! You are scum!"

Lisa went up to help Jennie with her bag and swallowed when she heard Jennie her mother cussing her out like that.

"I learned it from you then!" She yelled back before climbing into the pick up truck.

As they drove off the car was filled with a tense silence. "Are you okay?" Lisa asked after a few minutes and Jennie hummed. "Yeah. She hasn't touched me in two weeks. I try to enjoy just her words trying to hurt me."

Lisa didn't know what to say for a bit before remembering the waffles and motioned Jennie to take the cardboard food box in the backseat.

"I got you and Layla breakfast. Figured you and your sister wouldn't have eaten yet." Jennie smiled appreciatively and started to dig in, "Oh my god thank you! I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday."

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at her friend, "How come?"

"There wasn't any food at home. And I was busy in the evening." Jennie explained as if it was the most normal thing in the world and continued with her food.

Not too long after they arrived at Jennie her fathers house and she got out to retrieve her little sister. Lisa stared at the pair as they made their way back. Layla looked different then the last time that she saw her. The little girl had a bright smile on her face and was wearing a loose flower dress with a small hat on her head. Jennie held her bag which she placed on the backseat before helping her sister climb into the car.

"Hi Lisa unnie!" The girl squealed excitedly and Lisa turned to look at the girl. "Hi Layla. How are you doing?" "I'm good! We are going to the beach!" She grinned and Lisa hummed as she started the engine and drove off.

"Yeah we are. Can you swim?" Lisa asked and Layla nodded her head furiously. "I can! And I am going to build sandcastles. Do you want to build with me? Appa bought me sandcastle toys" She rambled excitedly. Lisa and Jennie both couldn't contain themselves from grinning. They had a ball of sunshine in the backseat.

***

"She just didn't show up. No text, no explanation, nothing." Rosé mumbled, sadness present in her voice as she pulled up at the beach. "I still can't believe that she did that. But maybe she has a really good explanation" Jisoo said, trying to stay positive.

A few minutes later Lisa, Jennie and Layla arrived.

"Hey guys!" Jennie said excitedly and ran up to her friends. Layla followed and hugged Jisoo her leg. Lisa awkwardly followed behind and swallowed before slightly smiling and greeting her two other friends. Jisoo responded normally and Rosé greeted her too but it was kind of off.