I Love You~48 [unedited]

~trigger warning~

Lisa blankly stared into space as she was huddled in the corner of her room. She hugged her knees tighter to her chest, not caring that it hurt her more as she pressed the stuffed animal against her bruise, and didn't stop her mindless staring. She was lost deep in her thoughts.

Silence was present in the car. Lisa sat completely tense next to her father. Suddenly they stopped and he got out of the car, motioning his daughter to follow him. Surprise was shown on her face when she noticed that they were in front of an ice cream place. The same place her mother used to take her to whenever she did good in one of her competitions.

As they walked inside some eyes turned to them and even a few phone cameras got pointed in their direction. Lisa stood like a lost puppy in line behind her father, still really weirded out by everything that was happening.

Was she dreaming?

She had to be dreaming.

"Which flavor do you want?" He asked her making Lisa bite her lip to contain a small smile from forming. "Can I get the chocolate chip one please?"

Soon enough she and her father walked out of the store with both a cone in their hands. Lisa happily licked her ice cream. She hadn't felt this happy because of him in a long time.

"Thank you appa..." She whispered and he just nodded and consumed his own ice cream as they were seated in the car again. Lisa quickly snapped a picture of the cone and posted it to her instagram. The caption read 'favorite ice cream from my favorite spot. thank you appa'.

The cold ice cream made her feel warm from the inside. It had been almost two years since her father had taken her. She was still surprised that he had done this, as she got second place, and not first place, but he wasn't complaining.

During the rest of the drive she finished her ice cream. She started to feel a bit tired and leaned her head against the window.

When she got woken up she let out a slight whine and tried to close her eyes again.

"Lisa come on. Get out of the car." She heard her father mumbled. Still half asleep she got out, grabbed her bag, and followed him inside. She was really tired. She just wanted to take a quick shower now and slide into her bed. She was exhausted. The little sleep and lots of practice catching up on her.

She mindlessly toyed with the silver medallion as she looked at the huge wall with all her trophies and certificates.

"Such a shame that we can't add it to the wall." Her father said, making her bite her lip and look down. After her mother died he had taken off all the silver and bronze trophies and had made her take them to her room. He only wanted her first place possessions on display.

He got behind her before slightly pushing her into his office. He closed the door and went to sit behind his desk.

"I expected more from you Lalisa." He said and turned his laptop on. The girl swallowed and nodded. "I'm sorry for disappointing appa..." she whispered, her voice wavering a bit.

She took a deep breath and looked at him. He sounded really disappointed.

But he couldn't be too disappointed right? He treated her to her favorite ice cream.

"Hand me the medallion." He suddenly demanded. Lisa quickly took it off of her neck and walked a bit closed before handing it to her father.

He twirled the metal around for a bit before releasing a slight chuckle.

"You are such a disappointed Lalisa. You know that right?"