Kalopsia~30 [unedited]

One hour prior

Jisoo grinned as she walked inside her house. She just had gotten home from going on a date with Jora and her mood was amazing. She felt more than happy.

They had gone out to eat late lunch after they had gone to a vintage book store across town. She had found a few amazing books there and after they all picked out their books he paid for all of them. She was so in shock and couldn't believe it. She even tried to give him the money but he declined it saying that he wanted to buy them for her.

It was as if her day couldn't get any better. As she closed the door she heard some commotion in the living room and smiled. She couldn't wait to tell her parents all about the date and the books that she had picked out.

As she walked closer she could hear what the voices were saying.

"Don't you think we should tell her already?" She heard her mothers voice say, filled with worry. Her father sighed. "We should... I just don't know how." "She is 18 years old already... We have to. Soon." Her mother said again and Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows.

What were they talking about?

She decided to make her presence know.

"Hi umma, hi appa ,what should I know?" She smiled. She started to feel a bit worried however, when her mother and father seemed to become nervous.

"First, tell us about how your date was sweetheart."

Jisoo grinned and started to show them the books that Jora got for her. She had chosen Lolita, The wrinkle in time, The secret garden, Lord of the flies and Peter pan. She was really happy that she had been able to find two out of five books in Korean so she didn't have to stress her mind too much with reading only English.

"They sound amazing darling." Her father said as the girl finished talking about all the books and Jora himself.

"They are! I can't wait to read them." She grinned. "Now what was it that you guys needed to tell me?"

Both her parents looked at each other before her mother nodded, indicating that she would start with talking.

"So first off we just want to let you know that we love you. We love you immensely and we are the luckiest parents alive to have you as one of our daughters. You are an amazing and wonderful person and we are so proud of who you have become." She smiled. Jisoo nodded and swallowed.

Her heart started to beat fast and her hands got clammy. She felt nervous. What if her parents were going to announce something terrible? Like getting a divorce? Or maybe that they want her out of the house because she was 18 already? She chuckled at the thought. Her parents loved each other and loved her, there was no way that any of that was about to happen.

Why did she feel so scared then?

Her mother continued.

"Remember when we told you that the reason that you are a grade behind is because you was really sick when you were younger and couldn't attend school so you missed out a year?"

Jisoo nodded. Indeed. She was 18 years old and practically all he classmates were 17 or 16 years old. She was used to always being the oldest in class but didn't really mind as she got to be with her friends in one grade. She didn't have to do anything alone, like studying, because she got the same things as her friend.

If she was in the grade that she was supposed to be at the moment she would be taking her final exams and wouldn't have been able to ask her friends any questions. She wouldn't have been able to have her friends as support like the way she had them now.