If I Fell (fluff)

I watched the ground as the rain came down heavily. The puddles were illuminated by the streetlights, and they sparkled with every falling raindrop. I was waiting patiently outside of the Cavern Club for my friend Ringo. He and his band were just finishing up, so I came outside to catch some fresh air.

"There you are!" Ringo quipped from behind me.

"Look at this rain! Isn't it wonderful?"

I smiled as I looked back to meet his gaze.

"Did you have a good time tonight?" He said, pulling his hood over his head.

"Absolutely! You boys seem to get better and better with every passing night."

I was being honest. I loved watching The Beatles perform. Their energy was electric and I knew they were destined for success. I'd grown quite fond of all four boys, but Ringo had a special place in my heart.

My feelings for him were confusing. On one hand, I thought of him as my very best friend but on the other I thought of him as something much more. I wanted so badly to admit how I felt about him but there was never an opportunity. I also didn't want to risk losing our friendship if he didn't feel the same.

"That means so much coming from you."

His tone was genuine, and my heart felt warm when he spoke.

"Really?"

I giggled sarcastically. I tried to play coy, but I was aching for him to continue.

"Well, yes. When I'm up there playing all I can think about is-"

He paused, a sudden look of fear covering his face. He struggled to finish, and it was almost as if his body wouldn't allow him to. My brows furrowed in curiosity as I anxiously awaited the rest of his sentence.

"All I can think about is you Y/N."

My eyes widened and I felt my soul turn to mush. I felt like I might faint. Was this really happening?

"Oh God, I'm sorry."

Ringo apologized, his voice suddenly meek with regret. I realized that my look of shock had given him the wrong idea.

"No! Ringo! Wait!"

I shouted, chasing after him as he started to walk away towards his car. He stopped in his tracks and turned around to see that I was now standing just inches away from him.

"I can't stop thinking about you either."

I admitted as tears began to stream down my face, though you couldn't tell because of the rain.

"I've been so afraid to tell you because I thought you'd reject me!"

Ringo immediately cupped my face with his hands and looked me in the eyes. It was the first time he'd ever touched me this way and I felt numb.

"Reject you? Are you serious? I've wanted you for so long, Y/N."

He spoke softly, and my heart began to melt.

"I don't just think about you when I'm on stage. I think about you when I'm recording songs. I think about you every time I see a dog walking on the street because I know how much you love them. I think about how much better tea would taste if you were drinking it with me. I think about that precious little smile of yours, and how lovely your laugh sounds. I... I love you."

There was a look of concern on his face as he finished his love speech. I think he was worried he'd said too much.

He actually feels the same way about me

I couldn't help but smile and stare at him as my mind went haywire. He was so unbelievably handsome, and his jawline was perfectly accentuated by the streetlights. I reached my hand up to feel his cheek, something I'd longed to do since I met him. It was wet from the rain but the warmth of it felt amazing against my chilled fingers.

"I love you too Ringo."

I cried. His expression immediately changed from regret to relief. He stared at me in silence for a few seconds, giving me the opportunity to see the sheer happiness in his big blue eyes. Without another word he pulled me in for a kiss. I closed my eyes and began to see stars as I soaked up every second of this fairytale moment.

He pulled away from me and smiled, then gave me a gentle peck on the cheek. I was grinning from ear to ear as he took my hand to walk me towards my car. I leaned against it as he stood in front of me on the sidewalk.

"May I take you out tomorrow?"

He asked, stepping closer to me.

"I'd love that Ringo."

I smiled, leaning in to press my lips against his one more time. He opened my car door and lead me into the drivers seat. I stared at him lovingly, saddened that this magical evening had come to an end.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

He said softly, blowing me a quick kiss before shutting the door. I watched him walk away through my water stained windshield. I clutched onto the steering wheel as tears of joy rushed down my blushed cheeks.

My dream came true.