Bloody Hell (request)

I feel like a terrible girlfriend.

All day long Ringo has been trying to reach me. I don't blame him. It's not often that he gets a day off, and every time he does we're usually inseparable. As much as I was dying to see him, I just didn't want to deal with the conversation we'd inevitably have to have.

It was that time of the month. In our six months of dating I somehow miraculously avoided ever having to tell Ringo I was on my period. Usually when Mother Nature blessed me with her cruel gift he was busy with something, whether it'd be recording, interviews etc.

I knew this day would come, I just never knew what to do or how to approach it. I didn't like talking about my period, especially to men.

Ringo was unbelievably sweet, and I knew that if any man could make me feel like a princess during such a horrid time it'd be him.

I hear the phone ring in the kitchen. It's the fourth time today, and I knew I had to quit being a baby and answer it. I hurry to the kitchen to get it.

"H..hello?" I hesitate a bit, but try to play it cool.

"Y/N! I've been trying to get ahold of you all day, is something wrong?"

"Of course not! I'm sorry, I've been... busy."

"Are you sure? It seems like something's bothering you?"

Shit. I was always amazed by Ringo's ability to see right through me.

"I'm sure. Oh wow! I've forgotten that I need to go water my rose bush outside. I'm going to have to call you back." I try to make it sound genuine, but I know he isn't buying it.

"Y/N wait! I want to come see you!" I hear just as I'm about to hang up. Now I really feel bad. I slowly raise the phone back up to my ear.

"O...okay fine." I say with clear reluctance.

"Have I done something to upset you my love?"

Sigh. Never. You couldn't be any more perfect.

"No not at all! Ughhh, look Ringo. I didn't want to have to say this but... I'm on my period okay!" I blurt, instantly feeling my heart drop to the floor in embarrassment.

I suddenly hear an excessive amount on laughter on the other end, which royally pisses me off.

"Yeah laugh all you want. I knew you'd act like this." I bark, slamming the phone back on the hook before he even had a chance to defend himself.

Sheesh, men. They just don't get it do they?

~~~~~~~~~~

I head back to my cozy cocoon under the blankets, still angry at my phone call with Ringo.

Just as I'm about to drown myself in good music and chocolate I hear a knock at the door. Must be that pizza...

I hop out of bed and throw on a robe, then go to answer it. I'm expecting a delivery man but instead I'm met with Ringo.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to sound angry. In reality I was actually pretty happy to see his handsome face.

"Here to say I'm sorry? Look, I didn't mean to laugh at you. I just thought it was so silly that you were so embarrassed about such a natural thing."

I have to admit, he was being pretty sweet. Perhaps I was being ridiculous, and maybe I misjudged his laughter. His baby blue puppy eyes were genuine, and I couldn't help but melt.

"Thank you. My hormones are mad right now, I didn't mean to take it out on you."

He pulls me in for a tight hug, as if to reassure me. I smile against his broad shoulder, breathing in his musky scent.