There's a Place (Fall inspired smut)

It was a chilly September night.

The wind was blowing about, picking up the leaves and making them swirl in the sky. It was my absolute favorite kind of weather, and a delicious welcome to fall, the best season in the world.

I decided that I would celebrate this and walk to work. The bar I'd been tending for the past year and a half wasn't too far from my flat, all together it was probably a ten minute stroll if I took my time.

Beneath my boots I could hear the leaves crunching, and it was music to my ears. This mixed with the crisp, misty air infused all of my senses, creating my own little slice of heaven.

Once I reached my destination I took one last inhale of the cool autumnal night, then headed inside to start my shift.

"Oh thank God You're here!" My quirky co-bartender Bethany huffed, immediately breaking me out of my peaceful daze.

"Bad night?" I asked, slipping my coat off and hanging it on the rack.

"It's been absolutely mad! Apparently word got out that a Beatle is in town so everyone is losing their shit!" She explained.

My interest was immediately piqued.

"What is a Beatle doing round our parts?" I wondered.

"No clue. I heard someone say that it was their drummer, Ringo? I dunno, I guess a few people saw him hanging around our street and think he might come in for a drink. Hence why the whole town is here."

I laughed. We were just a humble little dive bar with nothing to offer a man of such status, there would be know way he'd come here of all places.

"Yeah I'm sure. I mean, say Ringo really is in town, why would he choose this bar?"

"Enough with the questions, y/n! Get to work,  we're already behind as it is." my boss barked from the kitchen.

Sigh

"Got it."

~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours passed like minutes as we had what was sure to be our busiest night since I'd been hired. I had barely taken a breath the whole evening, and my clothes smelled of alcohol and sweat.

I leaned against the counter and sighed, staring at the mess of glasses that towered before me.

"We did good!" Bethany cheered, patting me on the back.

"That we did! And hey, no Beatles either!" I giggled.

"Well, you never know. We've still got ten more minutes before closing!" She sneered.

Our boss had left already, so it was just Bethany and I here on our own. I began to make the rounds cleaning tables, scooping up glasses and bottles to take to the sink. I waved goodbye to our last customer and walked on over to the back to begin washing dishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In the distance I could hear Bethany on the phone having a shouting match with I presume to be her boyfriend. I rolled my eyes and hummed to the song in my head, minding my own business as I scrubbed away.

The more I tried to block it out the louder her voice became. I grew concerned and halted my cleaning to go check on her.

"Fine... okay....Oh fuck you too then!!!!" She snarled before slamming the phone back onto the hook.

"Are you alright?" I asked, wiping the sweat off my forehead with my sleeve.

"Oh just peachy. My fucking boyfriend is getting on my last nerves! God I hate men!" She groaned.