❤️ Valentine's Day ❤️ (request)

"Wait wait wait, slow down, Cait." Ringo said over the phone, trying to calm me down. "What did you fight about?"

"I don't even know, Rings! Something in him just changed and all of the sudden he said he didn't love me anymore! On Valentine's Day for Christ's sake!" I cried, wiping the tears away as they fell.

"I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can d-"

"Come over."

"What? Now?"

"Yeah."

"Cait it's nearly 11pm."

"Please? I need you..."

There was a brief pause, along with some background noise on Ringo's end of the phone.

"I- alright. Sure. I'll be there in a bit."

I smiled for the first time tonight and hung up the phone, then went back to cuddling my pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A knock at the door startled me awake, though I immediately grinned when I remembered that Ringo was coming over. I quickly hopped off of the couch and met him at the door, smiling as soon as I saw his sweet, boyish face.

"Oh Ringo!" I fell into his arms, which were filled with grocery bags. He immediately dropped them to the ground to hold me tight.

"Baby shhhh, it's okay." He whispered into my hair, leaving a kiss where he spoke. "I'm here."

"What's in those bags?" I giggled against his shirt, pulling back from the hug.

"Oh it's just a breakup kit I've put together. Come with me." He winked, walking into my flat with intent. I giggled and closed the door behind us, then followed him into the kitchen.

He set the bags on top of the dining room table and began taking out the contents.

"What! Ringo, you're amazing!" I nearly cried at the gesture. He'd brought me all of my favorite sweets, along with some magazines, snacks, and soft, fuzzy slippers. He smiled when he saw my reaction.

"Anything for my best friend."

I cringed slightly when he said "best friend." I really wanted to be more than that, but had never expressed my true feelings to him. Of course now that my relationship was over, those feelings were amplifying in my heart.

"Let's sit."

"I'll bring the snacks!" He chimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I just can't believe that's happened. You two seemed to fit well together." Ringo shook his head as he brought a handful of crisps to his mouth. I giggled when I watched him chew, getting crumbs everywhere.

"Yeah me either. Maybe he was cheating on me, I dunno?" I shrugged, taking a sip of my tea.

"Anyone who would cheat on you is a bloody fucking lunatic..."

"I know you're just saying that cause you're my friend."

"You know I'm not that shallow, Cait. If I say something, I mean it." He said somewhat aggressively, taking me by surprise.

"Listen Cait, you're absolutely perfect. You might not feel like it right now because of that horrible excuse of a man, but every bit of you is perfection."