In My Life (part 2)

FLUFF WARNING: Y'all this contains smut of course, but it's so damn fluffy I can't-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There there, darling. Shhhhhh..." Ringo sang softly as he laid his baby girl down in her crib. He couldn't get over how breathtakingly beautiful she was. It was as if she was a direct copy of her mother.

He smiled at the tiny infant, resisting the urge to squeal every time she released a precious coo. Her fingers were tiny, but they had Ringo wrapped around them tightly already.

"Daddy?" Ritchie quietly tugged on his father's pajama bottoms. Ringo reluctantly peeled his eyes away from his daughter to give his attention to his four year-old son.

"Let's let sissy sleep." He whispered as he gestured to the door. The boy flashed an understanding grin and trotted out of the nursery. Ringo followed close behind.

"Alright, talk to me buddy." Ringo said as he led Ritchie down the hallway to his own room.

Ritchie took a seat at the edge of his bed, and Ringo took a seat beside him.

"Daddy..." he began. The boy seemed perplexed about something. "How did mummy make Lizzy?"

Ringo was taken aback by the question, and began to scratch the back of his neck.

"I'm...not sure what you mean?"

"I mean..." he furrowed his little eyebrows, searching his brain for how to word what he needed to say. "Mummy had Lizzy in her tummy and then she just... came out?"

Ringo could feel the beads of sweat threatening to roll down his forehead. He knew Ritchie was an inquisitive little boy, but he never expected to have this conversation with him at such a young age.

"Well-"

Before Ringo could begin his explanation, Ritchie hit him with another question.

"And how did sissy get into mummy's tummy anyway? Did you put her there?"

Ringo laughed nervously and pulled his son closer.

"How do you think Lizzy got into mummy's tummy, Ritchie?"

He began to think.

"I think mummy ate a sister seed and then Lizzy grew inside of her belly."

Ringo couldn't help but burst into a fit of laughter, much to his sons dismay.

"What's so funny?" Ritchie crossed his arms.

"Nothing, nothing." He replied, collecting himself. "So, where do you suppose mummy bought these 'sister seeds?"

"Well probably from uncle George, he has all the seeds! Remember when he showed me how to plant strawberries?"

Ringo bit his knuckles in an attempt to stifle more incoming laughter. Once he got ahold of himself he patted his son on the back and smiled.

"Son, you aren't too far off. Babies do come from seeds. Daddy seeds." He paused, immediately regretting the way he worded his response.

"You see... when a mummy and a daddy fall in love, they show each other how much they love each other by...planting seeds!"

Ritchie listened intently, soaking in all the information like a sponge.

"Where do the seeds go?" He asked.

"Well, they go into mummy's tummy..." Ringo replies, silently praying that that would be a sufficient answer for Ritchie.

"How do they get there?"