Go To Him (Part 3)

My shaky hands grip the steering wheel as firmly as possible as I turn into a driveway that isn't my own.

I put my car in park and take a deep breath, closing my eyes to focus on anything but what I'm about to do. My heart is pounding so hard it's nearly bursting through my chest.

It's not the affair that scares me. It's the love I feel for Ringo. It's different from the love I have for John. It's electric. It's more intense than any kind of love I've ever had for anyone. It terrifies me.

Every time Ringo and I make love, I tell myself it's the last time. I convince myself that I'm happy with John and that I just needed to get him out of my system. Then I look into his loving blue eyes and I fall to pieces. I know deep down in my soul that I belong with him.

Still, the facts are the facts. I'm married to John, and if he or anyone else found out about our secret, it would be hell to pay. Lives would be shattered and hearts would be broken, and I'm just not willing to face that yet.

My nerves are a mess as I walk up to his door. I take my fingers and brush them along my cheeks, wiping away the tears that I hadn't even realized had fallen.

Before I could knock on the front door Ringo had already opened it. He gave me a worried look and pulled me into his flat quickly.

"Why were you in your car for so long? You looked suspicious." He asked as he shut the front door.

"I got caught up in my thoughts. I'm sorry." I replied.

Ringo sighed and wrapped his arms around me, then took me into a loving embrace. He mumbles something into my shoulder but I'm too intoxicated by his scent to hear what it was.

"Don't be sorry. I just get worried. You never know if someone's lurking around." He said as he pulled away. "Seems like people are watching my every move nowadays."

"I know, I know." I look down and sigh.

"Hey, it's alright. All that matters is that you're here." He kissed my forehead softly.

When our eyes finally meet, his sweet lips curl upwards into a grin, instantly making me feel more calm.

I giggle as his pearly whites peek through, showing me a glimpse of the smile I so often dream about.

"Ringo..." I whisper, my voice barely audible. He smiles wider and brushes my hair behind my ears, then rests his rough thumbs on my cheeks.

"Yes baby?" He whispers back just as quietly, planting a gentle kiss on the bridge of my nose.

"I-I..." I couldn't finish my thought, so I just abandoned it entirely. "Nothing." I smile and snake my hands around his head, then pull him in for a kiss.

I close my eyes and let myself relax as our tongues find each other, settling into a now familiar rhythm.

I move my hands to his neck, grazing my fingertips along the slightly overgrown hairs that cover his skin.

Ringo begins pulling on the bottom of my shirt, trailing it upwards. I break our kiss so he can remove it and let it fall onto the floor, while my tongue reacquaints itself with his. His kiss is so lovely, my tastebuds getting the fix of the flavor they so often crave.

I moan softly into him as I tug at the bottom of his shirt, removing it just like he removed mine. Our chests are now bare and pressing against one another, already heating up as our kiss deepens even more.

I pull away just a few inches so my hands can feel his abdomen. My fingers stop at one of his scars where the skin is raised just slightly. I peel away from his lips to look at it, and trace the old wound tenderly with my thumb. He flinches slightly beneath my touch, acting as if his wound still hurts, though I know he's just embarrassed about it.