Best Friends Forever

"It's open!" Ringo called from the living room. A few moments later the door creaked open, and in walked Sophia.

"Hey!" She chimed with a sweet little grin.

"Hi!" He sang back with just as much glee.

"So I've brought some popcorn, ice cream, chocolates, and a few containers of leftovers from home." She chuckled as she set her bags down on the coffee table.

"Who are you feeding? An army?" He retorted sarcastically.

She laughed, "Well, you know me- I always go overboard. Besides, I wasn't sure how long we'd hang out tonight so I wanted to make sure we had enough food."

"No worries at all. I appreciate it." He smiled, "I haven't got any work tomorrow so you're more than welcome to stay the night. You always did love my couch."

"Ooooh, tempting. We'll just have to see, won't we?"

Ringo grinned and plopped down onto the couch, tapping the seat beside him to invite her to join.

"What are you in the mood for? I was thinking something scary."

"Okay but it can't be too scary! The last one you chose just about gave me a heart attack!"

"King Kong vs. Godzilla?" Ringo questioned with a smirk.

"Yes! That one!"

"Soph that was practically a children's film."

"Well call me a child then because those creatures were terrifying."

Ringo rolled his eyes at her, "You're a wimp."

"Fuck you." She stuck her tongue out.

"Bitch."

"Asshole."

Ringo and Sophia exploded with laughter, clutching onto their bellies to ease the budding ache.

"I missed you." He muttered as he wiped his eyes.

"I missed you too." She smiled. "How was the tour?"

"Really good, Soph. I wish you could have gone to one of our shows."

"Me too. I'm so proud of you though." She said as she pat his shoulder, "Which reminds me, how's Mo? I bet she's happy you have more free time now."

"Um, yeah. About that..." he reached around to the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly. "We broke up."

"What?" Sophia nearly lurched out of her seat. "When? Why?"

"Shortly after I came home. Things just weren't working out how we'd planned. I don't think she knew what she was getting into, y'know?"

"Awww, I get that. Can't say I'm surprised though. She always struck me as a fragile person."

"Yeah." Ringo murmured as he hopped off the couch to put the movie on. Once it was all set, he sat back down right where he was before.

"Are you alright?" Sophia asked with a gentle, friendly tone.

"Me? Oh yeah, I'm okay."