A thing for red heads. Pt.2

Part two and I hope this turned out okay 😬

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Danvers!Reader.

Natasha x Reader.
Jean Grey x Reader.

Avengers and X-Men crossover.

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

"Anyone have eyes on the hulk?" Steve's tired voice rang through the coms.

"Last I saw he was heading east." I replied, stretching my sore limbs.

Apocalypse had officially been taken care of with the help of the Avengers. Hank was helping some of the injured back on the few jets, addressing their wounds.

"You should get cleaned up, love." Jean came over and pecked my cheek.

"I'll be fine." I gave the red head a small smile, wincing when she pinched my bruised side.

Jean gave me a stern, yet playful look. Rolling my eyes playfully I let out a small sigh, pecking her forehead. We had won and I was glad nobody was seriously injured.

"Y/n, you and Natasha are taking the quinjet to find Banner. We'll meet you back at the compound." Captain America spoke through the coms.

I just nodded my head, "Duty calls." I grumbled.

[...]

The ride was silent, filled with tension flowing between both of us. Glancing down I faintly saw Natasha's knuckles turn white from gripping the controls too tightly.

"So how's the telepath?" She asked.

"Her names Jean." I replied, trying to keep the coldness out of my tone.

"Do you love her?"

Her question caught me off guard that I opened and closed my mouth a few times. Did I love Jean? I really liked her and I knew that much was obvious, but did the feelings extend to something much deeper.

"I do." I finally replied, shifting ever so slightly in the seat.

"I don't believe it." Black Widow replied with a hit of jealousy biting at the end of her words.

"Is this what keeps you up at night? Knowing I have feelings for you while I'm with someone else? Knowing that you let me down?" I turned my head towards her, eyes boring into the side of her head as I felt my anger blind me i hadn't realized I admitted to still having feelings for my ex.

"I could ask you the same thing." Natasha turned her head towards me, and for a split second I saw her eyes soften and the wall between her emotions and her heart being torn down. A wave of sadness breaking through. Then she blinked and her green orbs became hard once more, a steel wall put in place this time as she put her head down but I saw right through her.

"I wasn't ready to say goodbye." I gulped up my whispered, broken words.

In the corner of my eye I saw her plump lips twitch up into a sad, broken smile.

And I knew that somewhere this wasn't the end of us

And I knew that somewhere this wasn't the end of us. That I couldn't go back to Jean and be all fine and happy knowing both of us just opened up wounds that had time to fester rather than heal. There was no going back after this.

[...]

"You stay here and I'll go and get Banner." Nat got out of her chair, loading her gun just in case before walking towards the back of the quinjet.

"I'm coming with you." I stood up from my seat and followed her. "Just in case something happens."

The assassin nodded her head before we both walked off the jet and stepped foot onto moist soil. The trees around us were damp with the rain that had fallen just an hour ago. Large footprints were imprinted in the soul and we followed them until we seen Hulk tossing Hydra agents in the air.

Once there were no more agents, Natasha began walking slowly towards the scientist. Natasha and Thor were the only two people who could actually get the beast to calm down by singing a lullaby. It was a sight to see, really. Although sometimes the lullaby just angered him more.

"NATASHA!" I yelled before running towards her limp body after she was tossed into a tree.

"Stark I'm going to need you to send Veronica our way." I said frantically in the coms.

"Hey, Hey you're okay. Follow my breathing." I grabbed her face in my hands so her eyes would focus on me and not the loud smashing going on behind me.

"In an out, Tasha." I sucked in a breath before releasing it, feeling my heart beat at a mile a minute.

Once Nat was calmed down, I brought my hand up to gently brush the small trail of blood that was about to run into her eye. Wiping the blood on my pants I went to pull my other hand away when she placed her hand on mine.

"Stay. When this is over and we go back to the compound, stay. Stay for me, please." Her green eyes were still filled with worry as a strand of hair stuck to her sweaty forehead.

Her breathing was coming out in rough pants but I knew that being thrown by the Hulk would shake anyone up

"Nat-"

"-I love you. I never told you that when we were together and I know I should have. But I'm telling you now and I mean it, y/n. What I did was stupid and was letting my feelings from the past resurface."

"Prove it. I'm not letting you back in that easily, Natasha. You have to work for my trust again." I told her sternly.

The red head nodded her head, lips curling back in a small smile. The roars behind me died down once Veronica had done what she was created to do. Sticking my hand out, I helped Natasha walk towards the quinjet so we could go back to the compound and get cleaned up.

"How's Jean going to react?" She smirked at me once she sat down in the passenger seat.

I rolled my eyes, "Now you remember her name."