Angel.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Honestly this book might have more than 100 chapters considering I want to write when the movie comes out as well

WARNING: mention of death and depression

This starts off a little sad but becomes cute and happy I think

My love = моя любовь

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

My wife's clammy hand squeezed my own tightly as she gave one last push. The doctor and the nurse smiled softly behind their mask, corners of their eyes crinkling. Natashas swallowed down a few tired pants, my body becoming relived now that our little boy was here.

Except something was wrong. I could feel it. The doctor and nurse did a good job of covering up their panic when our baby didn't let out his first cry. I could hear them whispering quietly to each other, keeping us out of the loop as the anxiety started eating away at me.

"Is he okay? Is our baby okay?" Natashas voice wavered, her jaw clenching in the slightest.

I felt her hand squeeze my own when the nurse left with our newly born baby in her arms, body limp and not moving. We both knew.

[...]

The smallest coffins are the heaviest it seemed. Light rain drizzled down onto the freshly implanted headstone they put in this morning.

Alexander C. Romanoff-Y/l/n
September 1st, 2019 - September 1st,2019
Gone too soon

Natasha squeezed my hand, kneeling down and placing the soft brown bear in front of the headstone, along with a few toy blocks some of the team members bought him. I kissed her temple when she stood back up, holding her hand gently but tight in reassurance that I was there.

People tell me it gets better, that I'll move on. They don't understand. There's no greater pain than the one of losing a child who didn't even get a chance to open his eyes.

Tasha become numb, like a mannequin with a list of actions engraved in her mind like a robot that talks. It was like she became a shell of herself as we both grieved the loss. I dealt with my grief in different ways, burying myself in my work and assignments.

It caused a rift between us and we started arguing. She'd tell me I was sleeping on the couch tonight so I'd grab my pillow and plop down on the furniture. I only stayed until I heard the bedroom door creak shut before I snuck back inside, settling in behind Natasha and bringing her into my arms where she cried and cried, Alexander's baby blanket clutched in her hand.

Natasha was diagnosed with depression a few weeks later, having to take certain medication to help.

I stared at my reflection in the fogged up mirror, the small necklace I wore around my neck was engraved with Alexander's name, angle wing tattoos in either side of it with a small halo on top.

"I think I'm ready... to try again." Natasha shuffled into the bathroom quietly, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind and stuffing her face in between my shoulder blades.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to do this just because of me." I placed my hands over her smaller ones, rubbing her knuckles with the pads of my fingers.

"I want this. I want a family with you." A tender kiss placed delicately on my back sent shivers down my spine.

I turned around in her arms as her hands ran up my body and rested in my chest, one of her hands tracing the outline of the tattoo as she stared at me lovingly.

5 YEARS LATER

"Mommy!" The thrilling voice coming from Athena made me shoot my head up just in time for her to catch her when she jumped into my arms.

"Hey, Princess." I smiled softly at the sea green eyed girl with her wine red hair that was a mess on top of her head.

"Can we build legos?" Athena tilted her head cutely, waving around the instruction booklet in my face.

"After breakfast we can. We can even see if momma wants to join in."

"Yay!" Athena squealed, bouncing off my lap and heading towards the kitchen.

[...]

"Breakfast smells amazing!" I chucked once my stomach rumbled, reaching over to press a quick kiss to my wife's lips.

"Mhmmm it should be done in a few minutes." Nat cheesed at me, grabbing plates from the cupboard as I grabbed the silverware and cups for our orange juice.

"Mommy what's that around your neck?" Athena asked, moving some strands of hair out of her eyes.

"It's a necklace with Alexander engraved on it." I told her, picking up a purple crayon and started doodling on a new piece of paper.

"Who's Alexander?"

"He's your brother." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"Oh. Is he with us?" Her bushy eyebrows furrowed together as she stared at me.

I nodded, pouring some orange juice in the cups for all of us.

"He's just in the sky, моя любовь." Tasha told our daughter, setting a plate of various breakfast foods in front of her.

"Like a superhero?!"

Nats lips curled back into a soft smile as she walked behind her to put her hair in a braid so it wouldn't be in her eyes, "Yes, like a superhero."

"That's so cool! I can't wait to meet him one day." Athena giggled, digging in to her food messily.

"I'm sure he can't wait to meet you too." I told her sincerely, grabbing a napkin and wiping the syrup off her chin.

[...]

"We want you to have this." Natasha covered our daughter in the baby blue blanket with Alexander's name stitched on it.

"That way you can always have a piece of him."

Athena sat up on her twin bed, the Disney covers falling off her body as she pulled us into a hug. Tasha and I hugged her back, kissing the top of her head and covering her up once more.

"What do you say we go and introduce you two tomorrow?" Nat offered.

"I'd like that momma." Athena yawned, burying her face into the baby blue blanket.