I see the light.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: @rory1014

We're here for the iconic

Enjoy!

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

"Okay what do you think that one looks like?" Nat pointed towards the fluffy cloud in the bright blue sky.

I tilted my head a little further so that now it was resting on top of hers, "Looks like America's ass."

Nat laughed loudly, sitting up as she did so, reaching for one of the plump peaches sitting in the wicker basket.

"What do you see?" I sat up also, watching the way she bit into the peach, some of the juice dribbling down her chin.

"I see... cotton candy."

"How creative of you." I said in a posh British accent.

"Well thank you m'lady." Nat said in the same accent.

Silence fell upon us as the slight breeze wafted through her straight hair, little wisps blowing into her eyes. I leaned in closer to her, being able to smell the peach and cranberry wine on her breath. Just as my girlfriend was about to close the small gap between us, I leaned past her and took a large bite of the peach she was holding.

I smiled widely at her, some of the juice squirting out and onto the grass soaked in morning dew.

"Tease." Nat huffed shoving my chest, going in for another bite of her peach to hide the growing smile on her face.

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

"What're you thinking about?" I asked softly, running my fingers through her delicate hair.

Natasha sighed lowly, fingers playing with the buttons on my shirt, "Every things different with you. Makes me wish I never had to go back to work."

"I wish that too. But then I remember that there are more people in the world other than me that need saving." I craned my neck so that I was locking eyes with her.

"I'll come back to you." Nat promised.

"You always do." I smiled kindly at her before leaning down and attaching our lips, sighing in content at the peachy essence lingering on her tongue.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

"No more leaving." Nat husked as soon as she stepped through the front door of our apartment, still clad in her mission suit and fresh cuts and bruised littering her face.

"What?" I screwed my eyebrows together in confusion.

And at last I see the light

"No more going away. I want to stay right here with you, and with our dog Buster and our cat Mews."

And it's like the fog has lifted

"No more going months without seeing each other, or endless seconds without being able to talk to you or radio you when I want. No more being scared if something will happen to me or to you."

And at last I see the light

I gave a watery laugh, "What are you saying, Tasha?"

And it's like the sky is new

"Let's officially start our life together, just like we wanted. Im asking you to marry me, y/n."

"Of course I'll marry you.. be silly of me not too."

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you
Now that I see you