Death.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Maximoff!Reader

WARNING: mentions of death

Prompt:

Requested by: @mariska0610

Hope this turned out good

Warning: mentions of death

Enjoyyyyyy

YOUR POV

My body went numb and my soul felt heavy. I should have been there with them! I could have done something! But I was the only one out of my siblings who didn't get any powers. Maybe if I did, I'd be dead too. Nothing but a body in a casket with a molding headstone.

Nat caught me as my legs gave out underneath me, my body shaking as I held her tightly against my body. My ears began ringing as I slowly looked at Clint, the man who was perfectly fine after my brother saved him. Why couldn't Pietro be selfish for once? Wanda was gone too, stayed behind to try and save the falling city where thousands of people died under the rubble.

Day 1

"I made you breakfast." Nat said softly as she held a breakfast tray full of my favorite foods.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled into my pillow as I turned over.

"You didn't eat all day yesterday. I don't want you to starve yourself today, y/n." Nat sat down on the bed.

I pushed my face farther into the pillow as I grumbled.

"I made your favorite." Nat sang, her fingernails dragging up and down my back and I felt myself relax.

"Okay..." I huffed.

Day 2

"Look how fast I can go, y/n!" Pietro smiled before zooming around the avengers tower.

"Pietro slow down before you break something!" Wanda chastised.

"I don't like to go slow, Wanda!" Pietro pouted.

"Come on, P, we can go run around outside!" I grabbed my brothers hand and ran as fast as I could outside as he trailed behind me, surprisingly keeping my pace.

My lips cracked up into a small smile as I watched the rest of the video of Pietro, Wanda and I playing outside and having fun. I remember when I used to vlog our days so I could look back on them.

Except I wanted to look back on them when I was old and frail... not when they were both gone.

I didn't even realize I was crying until Nat wrapped her arms around me, my body feeling like it was aching all over. I literally felt a hole in my chest.

Nat didn't say anything, she didn't need to say anything as she just held me and let me cry. I gripped her Grey tank top in my hands as I cried harder. Death was apart of the job, it was one of the cons of having powers and saving the world from mass threats. Maybe i was one of the lucky ones or maybe I was one of the few who had to suffer the consequences of being helpless.

Day 8

Depression greeted me like an old friend, weighing down on me and the rest of my friends as I pulled them under with me. Nat said she didn't mind, that she loved me and this is one of the things that came with me. She told me she knew I'd do it for her too.

It was hard pulling yourself out of a dark mental spot, even with help. So I took comfort in the warm water running down my naked spine, Nats fingers combing through my hair as she washed my locks. I hadn't showered in six days. My cheeks at dry tear tracks and my eyes were puffy and red. Not to mention my cheekbones were a little more prominent because I didn't eat all the food Natasha would make me. Well, Pepper showed Nat how to make the meals but that's beside the point.

"Thank you." I croaked, Natashas movements faltering because I hadn't actually spoken in three days.

"You don't have to thank me, love. You'll get through this and I'll be here every step of the way."