Sacrifices.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: @BobJames282

Hope this turned out alright

принцесса = Princess

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

"A soul for a soul." Redskull told us.

"Great." I sighed, peering over the edge of the tall cliff to see nothing but the snow swirling around the darkness below.

Nat was quiet, her emerald eyes were glazed over with a distant look in her eyes, chin resting on her closed fists as her ombré hair blew in the breeze.

"I think I know who it's gotta be." Natasha stood up and walked over to me.

"Yeah," I nodded, craning my head to face her, "...I'm starting to think we mean two different people here..."

"I should be the one to do it. All I ever wanted was to get the red out of my ledger, and this could bring everyone back..."

"I'm not letting you jump off this cliff!" I grabbed her hands in my own.

"And I'm not letting you jump off here either. Y/n, baby, we both know I have to do this." Her hand reached up and caressed my cheek softly, a few tears rolling down her pale cheeks.

"No." I shook my head, sniffling a little as I wiped away her tears, "You started this with them, you deserve to end this with them. I'm replaceable... you're not. Your red has been gone for a long time now, it's time you let someone else make the sacrificial play."

"Don't say that!"

"I'm sorry, Natalia. The Avengers has always been your family, more than mine. I have to do this for you... for them. You'll get your family back and I know that's all you've ever wanted."

"You're my family, y/n. We had a plan to build a future together when this is all over." Her fingernails dug into my forearm as she pressed her body as close to me as she could.

"Plans don't always workout sometimes." I whispered softly, "You can still have your future... but my path ends here."

"Please..." Her voice cracked right down the middle, staring at me with her teary green eyes in hopes I'd change my mind.

"I love you, Natasha."

"I love you, принцесса."

Both of us leaned in, feeling the nippy air of Vormir sting at our exposed skin. Our chapped and cold lips met for the final time, pouring so much love, grief, sadness and hope into the kiss. Everything we ever wished to say to each other for years to come was shown in our final kiss.

They say the first kiss isn't the one that hurts, it's the last kiss that breaks you.

"I'll see you in a minute." I smiled sadly, turning on my heel and jumping off the cliff down into the dark abyss below.

NATASHAS POV

My body shot up, the cold water running down my body as I spat the liquid out from my mouth, gasping to suck as much air back into my lungs as I could.

My right hand was glowing underneath the waters of Vormir, feeling the soul stone in my frigid fingers.

I began to sob until I couldn't even cry anymore, feeling my lungs burn and scream at me to breathe again. I couldn't. I didn't want to feel the loss of y/n. I didn't want to succumb to the dark reality that my girlfriend, the girl I planned on proposing too when this was all over, was gone.

In a split second she was gone and my shot at a normal life crumbled beneath my feet. Death came for us all no matter the consequences or how good of a person you are, I just wish he picked someone else.

Sliding the wedding band on my ring finger, I pressed the button and came back to the compound.

"Where's y/n?" Steve asked.

I clenched my jaw, blinking back my tears so they wouldn't fall and tossed his the soul stone.

"I'm sorry." Steve told me, turning the soul stone over in his hand.

"Lets just make this worth it."