Where's hope?

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: @JusticeForBilly

Hope this turned out good!

First part is set during Infinity War
Second part is set during Endgame

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

"You should have gone for the head." Thanos smirked at Thor before snapping his fingers.

I dropped my gun on the floor, feeling my knees give out from under me as I saw little particles of myself start to float away.

"Thor?" I asked, seeing the God turn and run towards me.

"NO!" He screamed gathering my fading body in his arms.

"Nat!?" I whispered brokenly, seeing my fiancé's worried expression on her face before the last of me slipped away.

[...]

"On your left." Sam said as a bunch of portals began opening up.

"You think Nat will be there?" I shifted nervously on my feet, feeling the excitement and fear bubble up as I looked at the engagement ring on my finger.

"Yep. And I think she'll be real happy to see you." Wakandas king patted my back before all of us stepped out of the portals and coming to Steve's side.

[...]

The battle was long and ruthless, enemy blood and some of my own stained my skin as it dried. Then soon, all the aliens started fading away into nothing more than dust and I knew, we had won.

But at what cost?

Tony Stark, one of the men I had grown to love and see as a brother, snapped his fingers knowing that he wouldn't be here when the battle was over, that he would sacrifice his life to make a better world for his daughter and all of us.

"We won, Tony." I cried as Peter collapsed into my body crying into my shoulder.

[...]

"Y/n, I... I am so sorry. It should have been me and-" Clint sniffled, bottom lip quivering as I let go of Morgan's hand, the little girl running off towards Happy.

"Don't tell me- I mean, no she..." I stuttered, trying to wrap my dizzy mind around the thought that Natasha Romanoff, my fiancé was gone.

"She sacrificed her life for the soul stone. A soul for a soul. It should have been me but..." Clint vigorously wiped away the tears welling up in his eyes before they could fall, "She did it for you. To get you back. She told me that if I ever saw you again, to tell you that she loves you very much and that she'll see you in a minute."

Clint pulled something out of his pocket as I stood their like a mannequin unable to move or breathe, "She wanted me to give this to you."

Clint opened my hand and gently placed Natashas engagement ring in my palm, the small jewel shining in the golden hour sun behind the trees.

I stared at the ring long enough for Clint to squeeze my shoulder and walk away. I stared at the ring long enough that I felt my heart freeze over and become ice.

Sliding the band above the band of my own, I bid my soft goodbyes to Morgan and hugged Pepper one last time before I left the cabin.

3 YEARS LATER

"Where is he!?" I slammed the Russian man into the brick wall, holding my sword up to his unshaven throat.

"You know, this isn't going to bring Nat back."

I tightened my fingers around the mans throat, squeezing until I cracked his windpipe.

"What do you want Barton?"

"To bring you back home." He shrugged.

"I don't have a home. A home is a person, not four walls."

"Fair enough. You know Natasha wouldn't want you to do this."

"And what do you think she would want? She's gone, and I'm killing everyone from that Red Room." I spat, sheathing my blade.

"SHIELD sent me to kill you. Your ledger is dripping crimson." Clint crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"So then do it. Nobody's stopping you."

"You know I can't kill you. You can go, but I'll always be a step behind you. I'm going to help you."

I didn't say anything, looking down at my hand where my two engagement bands stuck out on my ring finger, stained in blood.