Protective.

Requests are open! Just pm me :)

Prompt:

Requested by: Anon

Requested by: Anon

Set during Age of Ultron.

Hope this turned out good!

Enjoy!

YOUR POV

I was sitting with Natasha at the bar, said redhead declining an attempt to try and lift Thor's hammer off the glass coffee table. Her green orbs watched in amusement as Tony and Rhodey tried to lift it, burning the cold brewed beer to her lips.

We were all laughing and being careless, finally getting a moment to relax and be together in solitude. Of course the earths mightiest hero's couldn't catch a break, the fleeting moment short lived as a robot with crimson red eyes hobbled into the lobby, speaking mainly to Stark.

"There are no strings attached to me..." He cackled before rounds of bullets were being popped off at us, dangled suits charging.

Hastily I grabbed Natasha and flung us both over the counter, our beer bottles shattering to the floor as I landed on top of her. Her eyes were widened as she looked at me.

"What are you doing?" She asked complete panic stricken.

"Protecting you!" I squeaked when she flipped us over so she was on top of me this time.

"Really!?" I yelled over the shooting.

"Stay down!" The skilled agent commanded as she pulled out her gun strapped under the bar counter, peaking over the counter and shooting the tin cans.

"Let me help!" I pulled out my gun and took the safety off.

"No! Stay here!" She leapt over the counter and tackled a robot to the ground skillfully, shooting him in the head.

I watched the action unfold as my adrenaline was pumping in my veins. I saw a few robots go for Cap who was busy with the robots in front of him to notice. Hopping out from behind the counter I ran towards them, kicking a robot out of the window and smashing to his death below.

Ducking my head under an oncoming swing, I shot the robot in the stomach, making fluids come spewing out of his mouth. I hissed when another one hit me in the cheek bone. I pulled my gun up but was too late, Captain America's shield lodging itself in its side.

"Thanks." I smiled at Steve.

"Thank you for having my back." He said deeply.

All of us looked around at the messy living area that was once pristine and spotless, now littered with broken furniture and glass, wreaking of alcohol.

"Are you okay?!" Nat asked worriedly, tilting my head to the side so she could get a better look at my cheekbone. "I told you to stay behind the counter." Her eyes narrowed me.

"Nat, it's just a scratch. I've gotten worse from Happys cat." I huffed.

"I was trying to protect you." She pouted.

I pecked her lips, kissing her pout away some. "Next time I'll listen to you."

Her lips stained in red lipstick curled back into a grin when she got the answer she wanted.

"So Tony, care to tell us what that was?" Bruce asked gruffly, breaking the cute moment.