Farm 6

By dinner time, I can already walk around but still limp a little. Grandma scolded me saying I should rest it up but I insisted to exercise my foot.

"Will you be able to wash yourself with that?" I rolled my eyes at her

"Grandma it's just a foot, and besides I can already walk on it." I strutted in front of her to demonstrate.

"Aigoo.. I still think you should rest it up. I get nervous seeing you walk like that, you could injure yourself again. Tae, why don't you grab a basin and towel and help jennie wash up." I raised my brow at my grandma

"You're joking right? you want a guy to help me wash up? and we're inside the house what can possibly go wrong?" I nudged the table and an empty canned drink fell off but I didn't bother picking it up

"Taetae is good at it, he's very gentle. When we're sick, he takes care of us."

"I'm sure she can handle herself nanny, she's a big girl already." I glared at him cause he seemed sarcastic with his reply and he stuck his tongue out. I stepped with my limping foot to bury my knuckle on his head when I twisted my good ankle because of the damned can! I shrieked and my butt landed on the floor.

"Oww!! grandmaaa~!" I literally cried. It hurt like a bitch!

"I told you not to walk around!" she scolded and taehyung immediately carried me off the ground.

"This is all your fault!" I pulled his hair. My vision blurred because of the tears.

"Stop pulling my hair or I'm gonna drop you." I stopped pulling on his hair and sniffed, pouting.

"Don't touch it! don't touch it! it hurts!" I cried like a baby.

"It hurts that bad?" I hiccuped and glared at him through my tears

"Come here and I'll punch you where it hurts most and I'll ask you if it hurts!" I tried to calm myself. It hurts more cause it twisted the other way. It's even swelling.

"See? that's why you pick up trash and throw it properly."

"Was I the one who left it on the table?!"

"No. But you were the one who littered it on the floor when you could've just put it back if you're too lazy to throw trash." I was about to retort when grandma came in with a basin and water

"Nanny! you should've called me. You know it's dangerous for you to go up and down the stairs." Taehyung scolded.

"How can I stay put when my grand daughter is in pain?"

"I can take care of her."

"I can take care of myself thank you very much." I raised my chin up and crossed my arms

"Not from the way you were crying earlier." I sneered at him and he just snickered.

"Come on, I'll help you go down." He lead my grandma downstairs after putting the basin on the chair near the bed.

When I was alone, I tried to do things my own so I reached out to the basin but couldn't reach it so I moved closer.

"Stubborn brat." He muttered after catching me, my face almost planted on the floor.

"Stay still." he ordered

"One more word and I'm going to change your clothes." His voice was stern.

I watched as he dipped the face towel to the basin with luke warm water with alcohol and started to wash my arms. Grandma was right, he was gentle. His lips were pursed and his brows were drawn together

"Why are you angry?" I asked, my tone annoyed.

"Nanny slipped the stairs before and almost broke her back. She was alone here but good thing it was the day we arrived for our annual visit. We were confused as to why no one opened for us and found her groaning by the stairs." I frowned

"I haven't heard that." I silently said and he scoffed.

"Of course you haven't. When do you people usually call her? check up on her? only when you need to inform her that you'll be dropping by or need something from the farm." I felt guilty. We were silent for a while as I let him wash me with no complaints.

"Where do you put your clothes?"

"I'm gonna change myself." I said after clearing my throat.

"Can you reach for your clothes?" He looked at me blankly.

"No." I answered meekly.

"That's why I was asking." I shyly pointed at my unpacked stuff.

"You still haven't unpacked? Still want to leave this place soon huh?" I pouted and fiddled with my fingers.

"Seriously? These are what you wear for sleep?" he raised one of my silky night gowns in his index finger

"What? it's cool, cute and comfy." He sighed and put it back down.

"Wait here." He stood up and went out.

"Wear these." He threw me a plain white shit and.. boxers.

"That's new." I chewed on my bottom lips

"I really can't change my shorts." It's difficult to take what I'm currently wearing off since my feet still hurts.

"Whatever. Keep it for now. I'll be back." he went out and I saw him going to the washroom before my door closed.

I took off my top and bra and washed myself there and my inner thighs then out on his shirt that was too big for me.

He came back also wearing a plain white cotton shirt and boxers, dragging an extra mattress with him and some pillows.

"What are you doing?" I watched him put away the basin and settled his things on my floor.

"I'm gonna sleep here in case you need anything. On or Off?" he motioned to the light

"Off." And then there was darkness. I hear him shuffling and he opened the door, blocking it with a chair so it will not close, letting the warm light by the hallway come through. He laid down on his bed and used one if his arm as a pillow, closing his eyes.

"Goodnight Jennie." I held my breath and stopped peeking at him.

"Good night, Taehyung." I whispered. It wasn't long when I heard his soft snores. I carefully peeked at him to find his mouth slightly ajar. He must've been exhausted.

I stared at the ceiling as I lull myself to sleep.