Farm 63

We held hand in hand as we walked out of the airport, one hand holds her hand tightly and the other holding one of her luggage.

"Where's your side chick?" She asked, breaking the silence

"I don't have one."

"I'm aware you've been hanging out with that sooyoung girl and I know you know she likes you and that she came with you going here. I smelled her perfume on you. You were late. Who knows what you did!" She snapped.

"You think I can cheat on you?" She pouted and grumbled incoherently. I stopped on my tracks, making her stop too. I faced her and cupped her cheek, caressing it with my thumb.

"It's true when I said she was just a friend. She was there when we were having a hard time... She told me maybe it was time to let go" snake! She hissed, brows connected in a deep frown

"At some point, I did think that maybe. Maybe I can start a new. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard to let go." She looked up at me when she heard my voice crack, face softening.

"But just the thought of being with someone who's not you pains me and the thought of you be with someone else than me was just enough kills me inside. I can't lose you. If it's not you, then I'd rather have no one." She snorted

"Watch you jump to another girl as soon as you do." That definitely stopped my tears. I just stared at her and chuckled.

"That won't happen cause im never letting go ever again." I hugged her and then grabbed her hand and dragged her back to the airport

"Where are we going?" We paused and I grinned at her

"L.A. Let's get married." She laughed and ran, pulling me.

"Hurry then!" My phone rang and I stopped to answer while she laughed, motioning me to hurry. I was smiling up at her but my smile faltered when I hear the other end.

"What? Which hospital?" I asked urgently. Jennie tilted her head in wonder and jogged back to me just as I ended the call.

"What is it?" I looked at her with worry.

"Did you check your phone?" Her brows furrowed and she took her phone out of her pocket.

"I had it on airplane mode. I forgot to switch it back." I held her hand tightly and squeezed on it a bit. She stopped fiddling with her phone to look at me.

"It's your grandma." I gulped.

🍀

"Eomma!" I ran to my mom and sobbed into her chest

"You're here? But I thought you're already in paris?" She wiped her tears and I shook my head no.

"Grandma... is gradma ok?" Taehyung and I immediately rushed towards the hospital where grandma was taken to.

"Jennie." Mom tried to stop her tears but failed.

"She doesn't have much time left." My eyes shut closed and tears fell. My mom and I hugged each other and dad came to comfort us. Grandma, turns out to be suffering from lupus. We never knew.

The doctor got out and talked with my parents and I was allowed to enter the room. I choked back a sob as I see my grandma's weakened state.

She looked over to me and smiled weakly. "Sugarplum." I ran and hugged her sobbing.

"What happened? You were healthy. You looked healthy." I cried.

"I see you and tae fixed it huh?" I nodded

"I'm happy. I can go in peace." I vigorously shook my head.

"Grandma we're going to get married. You always wanted me to end up with tae didn't you? You wanted to see me in my wedding dress right? Please hold on." She caressed my hair and a tear rolled down her eye

"Can I?" She weakly uttered and I nodded. She smiled and closed her eyes. I panicked for a second but a nurse assured me she's just sedated.

I rushed out of the room and intervened with my parents discussion with the doctor.

"How much time?" They turned to me

"How much time does she have left?" I sobbed and the doctor gave me a sympathetic glance.

"I'll be honest with you since we can't do further operation on her because of her age. Two weeks tops." Mom bawled and hugged her tightly. My knees weakened but tae caught me in time. I desperately clung to him and cried out.

It's not enough time. It's not enough time for me to make it up to her. She was always there but I took her for granted. My heart ached and it felt like it's gonna burst form too much pain. My grandma.

I have to grant her last wish even if I have to fake it. I turned to tae to suggest to him a role play but he let go of me and knelt on one knee.

"I heard your conversation with her and no, it's not just because of it so if you think I'm doing this just because of it, you're wrong. When I told you I'm dragging you to L.A so we can get married, I wasn't joking. Not the right time but I don't think there's ever a perfect time for this as long as I'm sure this is what I want. Will you marry me, Jennie?" I leapt to his arms and said yes a million times.

Even if I'll get tired of him, even if I no longer find him attractive (which I doubt), even if he does not make me feel butterflies in my stomach anymore, even if our relationship turns dull, I'll still chose him. That's the love grandma taught me.

"We don't have much time—"

"We'll help." I snapped my head to my parents and taehyung shyly scratched his nape.

"Uhmmmm... may I ask your daughter's hand in marriage?" He awkwardly smiled.

"You'll have us as your in-laws. There's no backing out kid." Mom nudged dad in his attempt to scare tae away.

"Not planning to." Taehyung answered.

"But there's so much to do!" I began to stress.

"We'll take care of the venue." I turned my head and saw tae's grandma in a wheelchair which tae immediately assisted to.

"Halmeoni." I reached for her hand and she was teary eyed.

"She'll be so happy." She almost cried, squeezing my hand tightly.

"I just hope she can wait." I prayed.