Farm 44

This chapter is dedicated to chloe_xixi, Jennielicious_WP, FMTD1707, thanks for the upvotes and comments 💕

🍀🍀🍀

"Tae?" I excitedly called out but he turned around, my smile faded and was confused.

"Hanbin?" He awkwardly smiled at me and put his hands on his pocket.

"I thought you were already inside." Hanbin was one of my suitors before that I rejected cause of not wanting to be in a long distance relationship. He was the closest one on being my boyfriend.

"W-what are you doing here?" He came near me, looking down and held my hands.

"I thought I was ok after what we talked about but... I just can't wrap my mind around that I almost had you but because of this distance so I came here." I frowned. Hanbin was a nice guy. He was so sweet too.

"Uhmmm... hanbin.." I didn't know what to say.

"Do we still have a chance? Now that I'm here?" I sighed and looked at his hands holding mine.

"Hanbin... I'm actually in a relationship already.." I bit my lips and pulled my hand slowly from his.

"Oh... i-is he here?" He looked behind me and I also looked back but no one was there. I shook my head and winced

"I'm sort of... in a long distance relationship right now." I scrunched uo my nose at my hypocrisy.

"B-but I t-thought..." his brows creased and he looked at me like he was in pain. He's getting the wrong idea.

"No! I didn't tell you that as an excuse. You know me. I'd have flat out rejected you if I didn't like you. I didn't really like to be in an LDR but.. I found him." He slowly nodded and gave me a weak smile

"You love him." It was a statement.

"Despite your beliefs, you risked going into a relationship you said you didn't want. He's worth that much for you." I smiled and nodded.

"Excuse me? Are you jennie?" I turned to see a petite girl around our age.

"Yes?"

"Oh, I was occupying your room before and-you again?!" She glared at hanbin who raised a brow at her.

"Miss. I told you I'm not interested. I am courting someone. Her." He pointed at me and the girl rolled her eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not attracted to you and your big nose!" I side stepped and watched them bicker.

"Ugh. As I was saying, I was the one occupying this room begore and I had left some things. No one was here yet and I was told you'll be here today. I sit ok if I get my things?" She asked turning to me, purposely whipping her head so her hair slaps hanbin.

"Yeah sure. Let me just go open it." I went over to the door and turned the key in.

She let me go in first with my things while hanbin just waited outside.

"There's a lot of koreans here." I muttered as I watch her get her remaining things in the closet.

"Ah, yeah. This building is full of our countrymen so it's nice." She smiled.

"Oh where's my manners? I'm lee hi by the way, you can call me hayi." She offered me a handshake and I accepted it.

"So you're not my roommate?" I was kind of hoping she was.

"Sadly no. I already moved in with my Bestfriend. We're in the same complex but different room." I pouted and nodded.

"Do you know my roommate?" She shook her head.

"Oh, but I think her name was taeyeon or something?" Looking around at the almost empty space, I don't think my roommate has arrived.

"Jendeukiieee" I hear jisoo calling out from the hallway.

"I'll get going then. Thanks." Hayi smiled at me again.

"Oh? Hanbin?" I hear jisoo ask. Hayi and I went out and I introduced hayi to jisoo and vice versa

"Nice to meet you." Hayi bowed and left but not before throwing her bag iver her shoulder, hitting hanbin in the process.

"Yah!" He called out.

Hayi paused and turned back, tilting her head. A mischievous glint in her eyes as she looked at hanbin. "What are you still doing there? I was pretty sure you were rejected."

Hanbin's jaw dropped and she smirked, continued walking away.

"I'm really sorry hanbin, I didn't mean to lead you on. I hope I wasn't the only reason why you're here." His glare was still on hayi.

"No. Don't be. I came here to be the best lyricist and I'm happy for you. You can reach out to me if you need ok? You too soo. I'll get going." He said in a hurry and ran after hayi muttering about giving her a piece of his mind.

"Oh wow. You told him about tae?" I nodded to jisoo who invited herself in to my room and I hummed a confirmation.

When you go in, there's a small hallway with a bathroom at the end of it and then bedroom with a huge space having two beds on either side, two desks and separate closets.

"Mine's identical. I think my roommate is already there though. An organ was lying on her bed. I have yet to meet her." Jisoo said, laying down in one bed.

"Should I have brought my things here instead?" I shrugged.

"We still don't know if taeyeon will agree."

"Taeyeon?"

"That's what hayi said." Jisoo nodded, looking around. She opened the mini fridge located in between the desks and sighed.

"No food." She groaned and I rolled my eyes.

"If chaeng and you share an apartment, I'm sure half of it will be stacked with food." She chuckled.

"Food is life!" She sat up and stretched.

"I'll go get a shower and then sleep."

"I'll do the same." She pecked my cheeks and walked out leaving me behind.

I sighed and laid down to where jisoo was earlier but bolted right up when I heard my phone ringing.

"Finally! Are you guys ok?! I've been trying to reach both of you." It was Irene. I forgot to inform my friends we had arrived.

"Yeah sorry. Just tired. We're in our room now." I hear her sigh

"Jisoo?"

"Taking a shower." She did not need to know we're not in the same room yet she'll flip. Irene's overprotective with her twin.

"Good. You can take a rest I'll inform the others."

"Wait! Did.. did he come?" She was silent for a while.

"I'm sorry." He didn't come at all.