Chapter 9

Cassie

        We get invited to an after party hosted by the twins and lily of course wants to go. I guess she hit it off with one of the twins so she wants to spend some more time with him. So here we are headed to the address given to us and I'm a little nervous because we don't know these people and it's just me and her.

         We finally make it to the address and we pay the cab driver and step out to find a huge estate covered with concrete walls and two huge black fences to drive through. We walk up to the fence and two security guards with huge guns walk up to us.

"Names?" One asks

"Lily and Cassie" Lily replies

                The guy types our names into a tablet and I guess he finds them because next thing I know we're being buzzed in. The gates open up and we walk inside where I get to see the full estate and I am in awe. This mansion is huge I can't even see where it ends! We walk through a small walkway where we are surrounded by roses as far as the eye can see. The garden is lit up so you can see the roses and how well they are taken care of. The more I look around the more I find this place beautiful.

          We get to the door and we are greeted by an older lady who welcomes us with a smile.

"Hello welcome to the Davis estate if you could just follow me I'll take you to the back" the nice lady let's us know.

"Thank you" I say with a smile

        As we walk to the back of the mansion I can't help but to admire the inside of this place. It's all white and has black furniture, it's all very modern but you can tell there is no woman's touch.

          We get inside and there are lights, music and alcohol. We stand in a corner after getting our drinks and we sway to the music as we are sipping our drinks. Some time has gone by and lily has been flirting and dancing with the twins. I really don't want to be a buzz kill but I'm starting to get tired, so I decide to go for a walk to wake me up. Im walking through this house which is like a maze and I finally see some stairs. Before I can think my legs are carrying me up the stairs to keep exploring.

          I make it to the third floor and I start going through the corridors, this floor caught my attention because you can see the artwork from the bottom floor. I love paintings so I'm excited to see them. As I'm looking at the 5th or 6th painting I am suddenly pinned to the wall and I am being choked! I can't breathe and I'm desperately trying to take small breathes. I look up to see the man choking me is Cole the mystery man that was talking to me in the club.

"What the fuck are you doing up here!" He yells at me.

"I.. I'm sorry i...i wa..was just looking around" I choke

"Who do you work for? What are you doing here" he yells pulling out a gun

Oh my God! I'm about to die is all I can think as he puts it on my forehead.

"P..please l..let me go" I beg

He doesn't

I kick him as hard as I can in between his legs and he cries out.

" What the fuck, get over here!!" He yells pissed this time as he lunges towards me again.
He's able to brush my hand but I am able to get away for a few steps before he grabs my arm.
I cough and try to get away from his grip but fail to take a step back

"Who do you work for?" He closes the space between us grabbing both my arms, his nose slightly brushing mine.

"I don't know what you are talking about I am a surgeon at the Vancouver Medical Center. I'm sorry I hit you but you gave me no choice you didn't let me explain before you put a gun to my head! " I whisper

"I'm sorry but I was bored so I started to walk around while I waited for my friend." I continue to explain to him.

"I should kill you" he tells me

Once he says that I get really scared so I push him as hard as I can catching him off guard and run to the nearest room I can find open. I quickly pull out my phone calling lily with no answer so I send her a text.

To: Lily

Hey girl come quick 3rd floor this guy is crazy!

I push send

I sit on the toilet and I start crying and I can't stop crying. Happy freaking birthday to me I cry. Before I know it I pass out from the shock.