Chapter 40

Drip....... Drip....... Drip.....  
"How did I get myself into this situation?"
Drip....... Drip....... Drip.....
"All those years of sleepless nights and studying gone...wasted!"
Drip....... Drip....... Drip.....
"Look at me now stuck a warehouse waiting?"
Drip....... Drip...... Drip.....
But waiting for what, to be saved, did I want to be saved? My life was over, maybe life would be better without me in it?

Clank, Clank!

I'm quickly pulled away from my negative thoughts, by the door in front of me opening.
A tray of food is slid towards me by a fuzzy man. The room is so dark that by the time my eyes can adjust to the incoming light he's closing the door again. I try to stand up to feel around but I don't yet have the strength to do so, the tranquilizer they administered me must have been strong. I feel my ankle tied to something and I have a sharp pain on my right shoulder and my head hurts a lot. Most likely from the car accident we were in.

I try to assess the extent of my injuries hoping that the headache I have is the worst of it and it's not actually a brain bleed or concussion. For the first time in my life I actually wish I would have spent more time watching movies because maybe like that I would know what to do in this situation.

"Ok Cassie let's think rationally what can you do? I can start by feeling around to potentially find the door or an small opening I can fit through?" I ask myself.

It's cold and damp and my clothes are all wet, I think i'm missing a shoe because I feel an unwanted breeze coming from my right foot. Feeling around I am finally able to get up but I keep tripping on my own feet. I try and I try but it seems I'm going in circles.

Suddenly the door opens behind me and pushes me forward.

"Crap!" I yell out

"Let's go! NOW!!!" The unknown voice yells at me as he free's my ankle

"HURRY UP! MOVE BITCH!" He pushes me causing a sharp pain from my shoulder all the way to my fingertips. It's definitely dislocated I need to set it before it causes real damage.

Walking out I realize that they had me in a basement because once I reached the end of the corridor there was a staircase leading up. Once I get through the door on top of the staircase I immediately look around to see if I can make a run for it or at least find an exit.

I turn back to see the guy who has been shoving me and he is young probably in his early twenties. He has blonde hair and black eyes, probably like his soul. I notice he is carrying a gun and has a smaller one in his jeans.

"Keep moving! Turn around!" Blonde guy says

He is really starting to annoy me. We keep walking passing a living room and a lot of closed doors as we get outside and begin walking through a meadow of grass and into a smaller house. It seems like I'm never getting out of here this place is huge and never ending it. Guards are posted around the whole property , as I look out into the fields I see no signs of life beyond this place which discourages me from trying to make a run for it.

We get to the entrance of the smaller house and we are let in by a older man also with blonde hair, what is it with everyone and the blonde hair. Once inside they push me down on a chair causing me to wince once more from the pain. I am finally given a second to breathe and think as both men step out, looking at myself I notice that my shoe was never missing it was just ripped from the sole. No wonder there was a draft, I also look at my now ripped jeans and bloody shirt which gets me thinking is this all my blood or is it Cole's?

Looking around I see white walls, 5 small chairs, an empty desk and thats it? You would think that with a big house like that this place would be decorated a bit more. After what seemed like an eternity the two men return with a third man. Also young but looked more in his early thirties, he has brown hair and the greenest eyes I've ever seen lots of tattoos and very fit too.

"Hello Miss Harris, let me introduce myself my name is Valentin.... Valentin Moretti." He sticks out his hand expecting me to grab it

"What am I doing here? What do you want with me?" I manage to get out as he draws his hand back after I leave it hanging

" I understand this might be confusing for you but I will explain everything to you. I expect your cooperation and honesty if you want to be free." Valentin says with a serious face

" What is this about? I assure you I dont know anything and I cant get you drugs from the hospital so just let me go!" I beg him

"Trust me you know everything I need and you're going to tell me one way or another!" He raises his voice a little

Creak! The door suddenly opens

"Sir he's here he's waiting outside" older blonde guy cuts in

"Let him in what are you waiting for?" Valentin snaps

"Alright Miss Harris its time to start talking.. Ah welcome come in sir I was just getting started with her." He says sounding scared

"Let's make this quick I need him disposed of by the end of the week" the man says

As soon as I hear the voice chills run down my back and I am confused because I recognize that voice and I'm scared to turn around and confirm my suspicions. I am so scared to turn around and find out that the voice actually belongs to......

"Dad?" I ask myself quietly as I slowly turn around

"DAD!" I shout at him not sure what to feel

My whole world suddenly makes no sense and my head is spinning as I realize that the person I thought died when I was 6 years old is actually standing in the same room as me.

"Hello pumpkin" he says before I fall into darkness

Hey guys
What do you guys think is going to happen between Cassie and her dad?
Sorry it took so long to update I wasn't feeling very inspired but reading everyone's comments and how you guys are loving the chapters gets me motivated to keep going! So thank you this one is for you guys!!!

Xoxo