Chapter 21

Cassie

I slowly force my eyes to open while the sun is hitting my face, making it almost impossible for me to open them. After a few seconds of constantly blinking I get used to the light. I sit up and realize that Cole is not with me anymore. I decide to get off the bed and take a long bath, after last night I feel like a hot bath will relax all my muscles and get rid of the soreness.

20 minutes later I'm out and getting dressed for the day. I don't really feel different I thought there was more to losing it but there isn't. I finally get dressed and head to the living room to try and find Cole. He is no where to be found which is starting to worry me a bit. Is he hiding from me? Did I do something wrong? Maybe he's in his room?

I make my way to his room stopping in front of his door as I hear his voice from inside. He's talking on the phone maybe I'll just come back.

"Cassie will no longer be a problem. If she is I will kill her myself" he says

Who is he talking to? I press my ear to the door to get a better listen.

"I fucked her so well last night trust me she'll never speak up against me! I have her right where I want her, I just need a little more information before I leave her and never see her again." He continues not knowing I'm listening to his every word.

"Nope, she has no clue I'm using her! We'll talk more later, I have to get back before she tries to come looking for me. Goodbye" he says and then hangs up the phone

I run to my room as fast as I can and lock my doors before falling on the floor and breaking down. How could I be so stupid? I feel betrayed, used, and dirty so dirty. How could he? What did I ever do to him?

I need to get out of here, but how? I can't just magically get back home! Okay think Cassie..
think! I need to get my things and call a cab to take me to the airport then I can try and get a ticket out to Vancouver. That's going to cost me so much money!

"Stupid! Stupid ME!" I say out loud hitting my forehead with my hand.

Just then there's a knock on my door.

"Hey Cassie it's me is everything okay in there?" Cole tries to ask

"Yes I'm going to shower and get ready" I try to sound cool even though I'm dying inside.

"Okay I'm going to get ready as well then we can figure out what to do or we can get you back home." He responds as if I didn't just hear him say he would kill me. He has some nerve!

"Okay" is all I can say without breaking down.

I get my things as fast as I can and head out of the room telling the security team I'm going to go buy a couple of lady things. They hesitate at first but they let me leave. Thank Goodness!! I don't know what I would have done if they stopped me.

Running out into the street I flag down a cab and tell him to drive me to the airport as fast as possible. I know for sure Cole is going to come looking for me soon and I need to be as far away as I can from him.

A bunch of money, arguing and headache later I finally get a flight home. I've been hiding out in the restroom until my flight boards. Last thing I need is to make a scene in the airport if Cole finds me. When I hear my boarding call I practically run in to the airplane. I send a quick text to Lily asking her to pick me up, and I can finally relax once we take off.