Chapter 32

Cassie

Sitting here looking at the box in front of me I'm a little scared to open it but I'm also intrigued. After 5 minutes of restraint and talking to myself I decide to open it and it's.....an invitation?

an invitation?

"LILY!!!".... "LILY!!!" I yell

"I'm coming, I'm coming!.. Hold on! Whatever you do don't go into the light!" She yells from downstairs

I hear her running upstairs and towards my room. She takes a quick glance and notices nothing is wrong which causes a puzzled look from her.

"What did you call me for? I thought you were dying! You can't just yell for me and nothing be wrong? What's wrong with you!!" She gives me her angry voice.

"This is an emergency you don't understand, I need your help I'm freaking out!" I say hyperventilating as I give her the invitation that's in my hand.

Quickly glancing at it her face beams with joy.

"I've always wanted to go to an all white party I have THE perfect dress for this occasion!" She says excitedly

"That doesn't help ME! What am I supposed to do it's less than a week away how am I going to find something in time!" I yell at her

Lily then bursts into laughter as I give her a bewildered look.

"Girl you've got it bad. 2 months ago you would have never even considered going to a party, now look at you asking me for help to impress a boy! You are all grown up!" She says as she walks up to me to hug me.

"Shut up I just don't want to look stupid, I wouldn't even know where to start." I say nudging her away.

"Don't worry I've got it all handled already. We'll talk in the morning I've got a lot of brainstorming to do.  Talk later?" She asks walking away

"Yes take my card and buy what you need!" I yell as she's leaving the room

"No need daddy's got it!" She giggles as I roll my eyes

Her dad must hate us, she's always spending his money on our stuff.

I throw myself on the bed and pull out my phone.

Cassie:
You know it's rude to leave half way through hanging out with someone?.... Especially after you invited her!

I push send and wait.

Cole:
Well next time I see said person I'll make sure to apologize.

Cassie:
Maybe just an explanation will do?

A few minutes pass by:

Cole:
I'm sorry it's just a busy time right now at work and they can't do anything without my approval. Forgive me?

Cassie:
Mr. Big-Shot is apologizing I feel honored I've gotten so many apologies from you! I feel special.

I hit send and instantly regret the message I sound like one of those high school girls with a crush.

I see typing bubbles and then they disappear. Crap! I knew I shouldn't have sent it. I put my phone down and instantly it pings.

Cole:
I hope to see you at the gala this weekend.
P.S you are special Cassie
Good night sweet dreams.

I don't reply to his message because I don't know what to respond to that. Is he trying to say that he has feelings for me?

This guy is going to drive me crazy going around in circles! For now I'll just dream of simpler times where we can just be friends and date like normal people. I drift off on my bed without even taking off my clothes, or realizing I still had my uniform on. At least I have work to look forward to tomorrow.

* Thank you guys for voting! Please, please keep voting and reading! You guys are the best!