Chapter 31

Cassie

Yeah you guessed it Cole picked me up, after 20 minutes of arguing and me standing in the cold I gave in. I told him not to get used to it though I was just freezing. We drive to his building and I'm a little confused because he said we were going to breakfast and now here I was starving outside his office building.

"Come on Cassie let's get inside and eat some food." Cole says hurrying me out of the car

I always pass this building on my way to work but I've never been inside. Is it bad that I'm excited to see the inside?

"I'm coming geez can't you give a girl a second. I've been working all night unlike some people that get to rest." I say with attitude

" You have a lot to learn about me Cassie. Now let's go."

I follow him into the building and as soon as we walk in I swear I gasp out loud. I can't tell if I did though because as I look around no one has flinched so I just put my head down and keep walking. It's beautiful inside, walking in you're greeted with an enormous waterfall fountain in the middle of the lobby. To the right is a long gray desk with 2 women behind it, very attractive I might add. No Cassie you are not checking them out, you don't care that these women are basically supermodel look a-likes . It's fine. I'm totally fine....

Okay maybe I'm not fine but we're just friends so I can't just ask hey, you know all these women around here are insanely gorgeous ever fuck any?  That sounds so psycho Cassie! I lock eyes with one of them quickly breaking my train of thought and she gives me the fakest smile and looks back down to her work.

"Everything alright?" Cole asks as we reach the elevator

"Yeah just taking everything in, this building is beautiful and so clean!" I say looking around

"Thank you I try." He says jokingly as if he's the one who cleans the building.

The elevator takes us all the way to the top floor and Cole leads me to his office.

There is a small desk outside his office I'm guessing for one of his supermodel secretaries. Okay stop now Cassie! Inside his office, which goes on forever I might add, is a long desk which I assume is for meetings. There is about 12 chairs on each side and I spot 3 trays filled with food and 2 plates set up with a fork, spoon, knife and 3 cups. Who needs that many? I guess it's rich people problems, they can't decide on one size so they just grab all the sizes because they can afford it.

"I wasn't sure what you were craving to eat so I just ordered a little bit of everything" Cole says

"I just got off a very long shift at work you could have put a bowl of cereal with milk and I would've been happy!" I reply sarcastically getting a smile from Cole in return.

"Noted. Now let's dig in" he says

For the next 30 minutes were both eating our meals as if we hadn't eaten in years, it's really awkward because both of us just quickly glance at each other and then face our food. Neither of us capable of breaking the ice or engage in a conversation. Instead we eat and look at our phones, he's probably just pretending that there is something important to see as for me I'm hoping Lily will save me right about now. But like always she doesn't answer her phone when I need her!

I don't get it the last couple times we hung out we had easy conversations, now we can't even make up a conversation. Maybe we just had sexual chemistry and that's it. Just as I'm about to open my mouth to say something to try and cut the tension one of his security guards bursts in the door and whispers something in his ear.

"Cassie I'll be right back give me a minute." He says and runs out the office

A minute turns into a couple minutes which turn into a lot of minutes ultimately turning into hours. Eventually they come in to clean up  the plates and I get a sorry look from the guy picking up. I walk to the windows to escape the awkwardness and I just look out to the city avoiding the guys cleaning up.

After 3 hours a guy dressed in all black with dark shades on walks in and stands in front of me.

"My name is Elijah and I've been instructed to take you home. Mr. Davis wishes to apologize for the inconvenience and would like me to give you this. He asks that you open it when you are alone, whenever you are ready I'll take you home Miss Harris." He speaks handing me a black box with a beautiful gray bow.

I grab my things and just like that I'm on my way home once again left in mystery and left disappointed, it's starting to become a habit and I'm not happy about it. I am however a little intrigued to find out what's in the box.

*Hi lovelies sorry I haven't updated in a while I have been working on the chapters and didn't want to post them until I felt they were ready. These next couple of days I'll be updating chapters everyday so get ready to binge read. Thank you for being so patient and for continuing to support by reading and voting it means a lot! Xoxo