Chapter 22

Cassie

"Im gonna kill him! He is so dead! When I'm done with him he isn't going to know what way is up and what way is down!" Lily says angrily as she paces back and forth

"How could he?!.... I hope he ahh... Cassie don't worry... I'm gonna.... omg he's DEAD!" She says angrily

"Lily...Lily... hey use your words! I need complete sentences. Let's bring it down 20 notches." I say trying to calm her down

"THAT ASSHOLE!" She yells and then looks at me as I'm trying desperately to keep it together. She seems to notice because her eyes soften and her anger subsides, and turns into genuine care for me and my feelings.

"Oh my gosh Cass! How are you? What are you thinking? What are you feeling? What do you need? I'm such a horrible friend for not asking right away about you! You are bearly holding it together aren't you?" Lily says kneeling in front of me. She knows I won't answer her truthfully but she still asks.

"I'm okay I guess... I prefer not to think about it. I want to pretend this was all a nightmare and I've finally woken up from it." I say to lily not seeming to convince her. I really do want to just forget everything that's happened. A small part of me wants to give him a taste of his own medicine, but I have already gone through all the stages of denial in the airplane. Now I want to focus on moving forward.

"Oh come here girl!" She says pulling me into a huge bear hug. This is why I love Lily she knows me and knows I'm done talking and I just need a big hug and snacks. Definitely lots of sugar!

"Let's get down stairs and watch some movies and pig out!" she says pulling me off my bed and down the stairs.

Lily ends up putting one of her sappy love stories. I hate romance movies it's all crap! Girl likes boy, boy asks girl out. Boy does something to mess things up and then he does some big gesture and girl forgives boy so they can live happily ever after. I swear we are so gullible sometimes, like come on if he messed up he's probably going to mess up again and again and again.

Lily must notice my frustration because she takes the movie off and instead puts on one of my favorite movies of all time. Trusty old Lord of The Rings, which instantly puts me in a better mood. There is nothing Frodo can't fix! We end up watching 2 of the 3 movies before falling asleep on the couch.

————————————————————————

"No he can't come over! You're lucky I even answered the phone! You guys are pigs how could he do that to her, she's a good person!" I hear Lily whispering into her phone from the kitchen.

"I never want to see him again, especially not near Cassie you understand?" She warns and hangs up the phone after a few seconds

"Hey Lily everything okay?" I ask pretending I didn't hear anything

"Yeah sweetie let's get you upstairs to rest." She says

"You can tell me you know? I really am okay."

"We'll talk tomorrow or some other day okay, for now let's get you to bed so you can be well rested for work, the last thing I need is a death in my conscience."she huffs

As I lay on my bed I'm not tired at all but I try for what seems like forever to fall asleep but I can't. I don't even have any tears left in me and he doesn't deserve any more of my tears. Cautiously I decide to pick up my phone from the desk where I had left it charging. When it lights up I see 15 missed calls and at least 40 messages.

Most of which are from the hospital, and others from co workers. Why am I a little disappointed that he didn't try a little harder to reach me. I thought he would have showed up at my door step by now, surely he knows I'm here. No Cassie! Get those thoughts out of your head! He only called me twice and texted me 3 times. I open up the messages from him not caring if he can see that I've read them.

Cole:

Cassie where'd you go? Security said you went out? Call me

Cole:

Stop acting like a child Cassie.

Cole:

I'm headed back home when you are ready to have an honest conversation let me know.

Who does he think he is to be calling ME a child? How can HE be so dismissive of my feels? I'm almost tempted to reply to him but opt out of it. Mostly because I am afraid of what he'll tell me, because regardless of what happened I will never forget that night and how in that moment he made me feel special. Cole made sure I felt safe and treasured and I don't regret a single thing. In that moment two people had become one and we would forever be bonded no matter what.