TL 43

Sohyun

These days, I was bothered with many things. I just found out that my I have been offered to pursue my studies in LA in theatre and film in University of California.

I was in mixed feelings whether I should go there or not since my engagement with Taehyung is two weeks from now. I have not told anyone yet about this.

Other than that, there is someone who kept texting me weird things. At first, she was keep asking what did I do? Whether I am happy or not? I just ignore her and not replying to her text because I felt she is some saesang fan.

I just laying lazily on the bed since I’ve got no filming today. I didn’t want to bother Taehyung since he had filming on music show. Then, I decided to go to my parent’s to tell about the university’s offer. My parents need to know first before someone else.

I took my car key and phone on the night stand and walked out of my apartment. At the basement park, I hop into the driver seat in the car and start the engine. Then my phone keeps buzzing shows that I’ve got messages. It was from the anonymous sender. Why I didn’t block her. It’s so annoying.

‘Leave Taehyung now and cancel your engagement with him’ The first messages.

How did this person know that I am going to engage with Taehyung. Only a few people know it because we didn’t announce our engagement yet our relationship.

‘If you didn’t want anything happens to your loved ones, listen to what I said’ The next message.

‘You have no right to be Taehyung’s fiancé. There is someone else better than you.’ The last message say.

Now, I am sure she is not my sasaeng fan but she is Taehyung’s one. I put it aside the message because I am sure she have nothing to do.

In approximately 20 minutes of driving, I finally reached home. I opened the door and saw my mom is on the couch watching television. She didn’t even realized that I am home because her mom gazed is fixed on his favourite actor Jo Insung.

I back hugged my mom, “Omma, your daughter is here! Stop watching drama” my mom startled and she almost thrown the remote control away.

“Aigoo, you girl. How can you startled me like that?” She caressing her chest. I laugh and took a sit at another couch beside mom’s.

“Is appa at the office eomma?” I ask mom since I didn’t see Appa. My eyes is fixed at the drama showing on television right now.

“Yes. He is been hardworking lately.” My mom said as she get up from the couch. “Wait a minute. I’ll make a drink for you.” My mom said before she headed towards the kitchen.

“Thank you mom.”

A part of me is relief when Appa is not at home. I’ll take this chance to talk to omma about my plan since I know Appa will throw a tantrum if he know my plans to study abroad.

“Omma, I need to talk with you about something.” I ask mom as soon as she take a sit after make a drink to both of us.

“About what?” Omma take her mug and sipping the hot chocolate.

“I am going to study abroad” I said timidly and playing with my finger.

“What?” Omma almost choked when I said that. She put his mug down. “Study abroad? Why all of sudden?”

“I’ve got the offer yesterday. And it is not sudden. I’ve been applying since early year and it is got accepted now. What can I do?”
“Then, how about your engagement with Taehyung?”

“I thought about hold on it” That idea came out of nowhere in my mind.

“Are you crazy? It is only two weeks from now.”

Do I surprise when omma calls me crazy? No, I’ve expected that. I don’t know what to do. I just relieve a big sigh.

“Omma, if it’s you, what would you do?” I ask mom for her solution.

“Omma is okay with everything. The problem is your appa and Taehyung. Have you talked to Taehyung?”

“Not yet. I want to ask your opinion first.” I was thrown into a big dilemma.

“If it’s up to me, I’ll say that do whatever that you think is the best for you. The choice that will make you happy and your heart at ease. But you must consider your appa and Taehyung’s feeling.”

My eyes fixed at the mug. The hot chocolate is getting cold yet I didn’t take a sip yet.

“As for appa, you know this better than anyone about what happens between your unnie, So Yoon and your appa.”

Yup I know that. Appa never talked about So Yoon unnie since she decided to stay in Canada. And, omma was in grief because Appa didn’t allow her to even talked with So Yoon unnie. Did I even have the heart to leave my parent away since I am the only one that they have.

“Omma, am I being cruel to Taehyung if I said I want to hold on the wedding?”

“No sweetie. Studying abroad is good for your own. Besides, if he truly loves you, he will understand and wait for you.”

“Thank you, Omma.”  Omma’s words really take my heart at ease.

I get up and reached for omma. I take a sit beside omma and hugs her.

“Aigoo my daughter. Don’t thinks too much about it. It’s all gonna be alright.”

She patted my back. I buried my face to the crook of mom’s neck. I feel so warm in her embrace. I talked to omma till I didn’t realize it is already six in evening. I made my way back to my apartment.

To be continued