TL 48

Taehyung

It's been one week since that incident yet I still can't contact Sohyun. She really hurt by me till she already blocked my number. It pains me so much.

I found out from Yoojung that Sohyun is going to LA this Sunday. She was to go there next month, but she want to went there faster. I didn't get chance to explain everything at her.

Yesterday, Sohyun's mom text me that she wanted to meet me. I am on my way to meet her. I am grateful that her mother still want to meet.

I waiting for her in a room that she already booked in a restaurant in Seoul. My heart is going up and down as I get nervous to meet her.

I've already hurt her daughter. What excuse do I have?

Then, the door is opened and ahowed Mrs Kim, walking into that room. I bowed to her politely and she takes a sit opposite of me. I take a deep breath before take a sit.

"How are you?" She ask me with sweet smile on her face.

"I... I am fine." Then, the waiter brought us a tea before the food.

"I can see that you like tea more than a coffe." She said after take a sip.

"Yes. I don't drink coffe."

"Really? We have the same taste. I don't like coffe hence I am the one who suffered because Sohyun and her dad obsessed with it." She is trying to make the situation less tense. I smiled at her story.

Then, the situation becomes silent and none of us speak. "I am so..." I muttered a word but it was crossed by  Sohyun's mom.

"I am sorry." I was left in dumbfounded. I am the one who supposed saying sorry since the damage is from me.

"Why are you saying sorry?I am the one who should."

"About your engagement." She stopped for a while then, "... Our Sohyunnie, she is stubborn. Once she makes a decision, no one can change it."

I became silent all of sudden. Didn't she tell her family the real problem is?

"I am sorry that your engagement with her is cancelled. But, there is nothing I can do as a mom except for supporting her decision." She added.

"Eomonim, you don't need to say sorry. It's not your fault." There is nothing I can say. Sohyun is carrying all of her burden alone.

"Her appa, didn't approve her decision to study in LA because of what happen on our family before. He  is dissapointed in her and not talking to Sohyun till now." She said. Her eyes show her sadness.

"But for you, I wish that you stay beside her side. Support whatever her decision is, because that's what she really want. Also, don't break up with her. "

"I'll try my best."

Sohyun ah, why are you so stubborn? Why you didn't tell all of our problem to your family so that your father can resemt and dissapointed in me, not you.

"I also want to say sorry as well. I am being selfish. I was mad at her plans going to study in LA right before our engagement. I didn't try to understand her." I said.

"It's okay Taehyung ah. Truthfully, I was happy when she got accepted into the University because I know it's her dream since she was child. She is my daughter, I know her better than anyone else in this whole universe. That's why I am not afraid of something like her sister happens at her."

She showed a proud smile at the end of the sentence. She is proud telling everyone that Sohyun is her dearly daughter. Yet she is the one who I hurt the most. I can't face her mom right now.

I  can't keep my head up thinking what I've done to her precious daughter.

Sohyun

The preparation is going well for me to go to LA. I am not going to take any acting job. My management support my decision and going to manage my study as well in LA.

Today is the day, when I am going to left Korea. I am going to left all the hurt memories here and going to start a new one. A fresh one without anyone who could tarnish it.

My parent as well as my friends were at the airport to send me off. Yoojung and Kyungsoo oppa also there. Of course, he is not here and I am grateful for that.

"Appa, I am sorry that I make my decision to left you. I want you know that you're my whole world and I love you so much." I said to him while holding his hands.

"Appa! Please smile for me. I am going now." I clinging on his shoulder.

His hands touch my cheeks, "Our daughter, I love you so much. I am sad    to let you go. I know it's the best for you, so Appa is going to support you."

My tears is slowly dropped from my eyes and I hug my appa tightly.

"Sohyun ah, take care of yourself. Don't overwork yourself like you are in Korea and things gonna going very well for you." He said as he patted my back.

I made my way towards my mom. She is sobbing.

"My baby girl, you're going to do well there. Don't worry about anything else and chase foe your dreams that you long for." She is laughing to hide his tear.

"Stop crying. You're big girl." She added.

"I am not. You are." I chuckles while wiping the tears.

"Remember, omma loves you more that anything else, more than anyone else." She sdded and I nodded egearly at her.

"Sohyun ah, take care of yourself and enjoy your life there." Yoojung said and I am hugging her.

"You're gonna do well there. Don't forget me here." Kyungsoo Oppa said.

I waved at them numerously times before I headed to boarding lounge. I shed tears once again after seeing them.

"Sohyun ah!!!" I heard someone calling me right before I entered the lounge.

To be continued.

🎵-Lights by BTS.