Chapter 29: Ruthless Emperor, Hard to Ascertain

Bai Aoxue did not look up but slowly knelt on the ground and said: "Bai Aoxue, daughter of the Prime Minister, pays greets to Your Majesty." She sounded respectfully and courteously but wasn’t humble.

Bai Aoxue quietly knelt on the icy ground, while the people who sat above didn’t say anything.

Bai Aoxue knew that there was also another person who stood beside the emperor in this big hall.

She couldn’t be more familiar with him. A smell of faint bamboo fragrance was refreshing.

Bai Aoxue didn't know what the person above wanted to do, but now it wasn’t the occasion of resisting. Choking the disgust in her heart, Bai Aoxue waited for him to speak quietly.

Jun Yeyan looked at Bai Aoxue with interest. He did not expect that Bai Aoxue could be so patient.

Then he realized that everyone cherished their lives. Bai Aoxue was not an exception.

That person, who sat above, looked at Bai Aoxue who was kneeling on the ground. She lowered her head. No one could see her expression.

"Raise up you head." The majestic male voice came from above.

Bai Aoxue knew who the speaker was. He was the noblest man in Chengxi—Jun Wuhen.

No longer had thinking, Bai Aoxue slowly raised her head with glaring eye. She did not look at any other places.

She saw the person who sat on the throne. He wore a bright yellow cloth and had handsome countenance.

The natural domineering and majestic eyes were now staring at Bai Aoxue.

Bai Aoxue did not retreat. She looked at Jun Wuhen in the eyes without a trace of fear.

Her eyes were clear and bright, but her expression was indifferent.

Jun Wuhen found pleasure in measuring Bai Aoxue with the eye.

Bai Aoxue also did not speak, only waiting for Jun Wuhen to open his mouth.

For a moment, the Hall was silent. Such silence was frightening.

Jun Yeyan, who stood beside him, stared at Bai Aoxue who knelt on the ground and straightened up her back. He frowned without trace.

Just he was just about to talk, Jun Yeyan heard the sound of Jun Wuhen.

"You are the Prime Minister Bai’s first daughter?"

Bai Aoxue listened to Jun Wuhen's words and replied steadily: "Responding to Your Majesty, I am the eldest daughter in Prime Minister’s mansion Bai Aoxue."

"Stand up. Kneeling on the ground too long is not good for a girl’s health. I have been negligent." Sweeping away his indifference, Jun Wuhen said with a smile.

Bai Aoxue was completely speechless about Jun Wuhen’s speed of changing expressions.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Bai Aoxue got up after slightly presenting her respect.

Bai Aoxue, who just raised her head, saw a pair of eyes that she couldn’t be more familiar with.

However, those eyes were not cool anymore but with a hint of playfulness.