Chapter34: Allies Take What They Need Individually

"The emperor really over praised me. Besides, I didn’t deceive anyone. It is just that people always like to hearsay." Bai Aoxue appreciated the awkward appearance of Jun Wuhen.

After listening to Bai Aoxue's words, Jun Wuhen thought carefully. He was indeed heard from other people. And he initially greeted this marriage to Bai Suxue, but Bai Qiwei recommended Bai Aoxue and said she was easier to be controlled.

Now it seemed that the people in the world were all wrong, so were Bai Qiwei and him. All this was because they listened to others.

Seeing Jun Wuhen thinking, Bai Aoxue slowly got up from the soft chair.

"Tell you the truth. Aoxue is just a woman who pays no attention to the outside world. I have lived in hot water every day since my mother passed away. I thought that my whole life would just be like this."

After glancing at Jun Wuhen, Bai Aoxue then continued: "But my sister and her mother are aggressive, and I deserve to die. I know that Your Majesty’s order cannot be violated. I have no complaints about which one I will marry and what I only want is getting back my own things!"

Jun Wuhen stared at Bai Aoxue without blinking since he was afraid of missing any expression of Bai Aoxue.

However, he was still disappointed. Bai Aoxue did not change from the beginning. She was always calm and persistent.

Those two contradicted expressions let Jun Wuhen’s suspicion about Bai Aoxue fade a little bit.

"Do you think I should trust you?" Jun Wuhen said faintly, sweeping away his restlessness and anxiety.

"Shouldn’t Your Majesty believe me?" Bai Aoxue did not answer Jun Wuhen but asked him.

Looking at Bai Aoxue and listening to her question, Jun Wuhen got more interested in her.

"Haha, tell me, why should I believe you. If you want to recapture all of your property, you can ask Ye Zhaojue for help. Why do you choose me?" Jun Wuhen laughed.

Bai Aoxue heard the words of Jun Wuhen and then burst into laughter.

"Your Majesty, are you making fun of me? If Your Majesty didn’t put me on the cusp today, how would Aoxue need to do this? I am jumping into the trap that you have set this morning." Looking at Jun Wuhen, Bai Aoxue said slowly.

Although Jun Wuhen was shocked, he kept silent and waited for the rest part of Bai Aoxue’s speech.

"What Your Majesty did today is forcing me to be obedient. If you haven’t done so, I may have a better choice. But now, I have to find the greatest shelter." Bai Aoxue continued.

Jun Wuhen noticed ridicule from her indifferent and ethereal voice.

"Since ancient times, those who suit their actions to the time are wise. I just want to live, and I believe that Your Majesty can protect me. This is my choice." Bai Aoxue said her decision in one breath.

Success or failure depended on this move.

"Bai Aoxue, you are really smart. You know how to seize the opportunity and occasion. If I kill such a talented person, I am the guilty one." Jun Wuhen looked at Bai Aoxue with appreciation.