Chapter 69: One Appointment for One Person Only

When Jun Yeyan heard that sound, his hand that opened the door was stiff in the air, while the person who spoke behind him did not move forward, as if he was waiting for Jun Yeyan’s answer.

Jun Yeyan put down his hand in a huff then picked up an elegant smile calmly. He slowly turned and said: “Xue is my fiancée. Why shouldn’t I come to see Xue?”

“Hum! Your Highness, do not forget that Aoxue hasn’t married you yet. Even if you are engaged, you can’t break into her room!” His angry voice indicated that he was going to fly into a rage.

Looking at Ye Zhaojue who was angry, Jun Yeyan said: “Your words are inappropriate, uncle. My heart could be seen by the whole world. I have such reckless behaviors just because I miss Xue so much.”

“Even if you miss Aoxue, you should come in through the main entrance. You even don’t know where the main entrance of General’s mansion is, do you?” Ye Zhaojue bantered with Jun Yeyan.

When Bai Aoxue went back together with him yesterday, he felt that something was wrong, which he did not notice at the beginning. He kept feeling that there was a faint bloody smell in the air.

He wasn’t alert until early morning, when Uncle Fu said that Mumian went to him and asked for a lot of white gauze. He was very worried about Bai Aoxue, so he came over and looked at her. As luck would have it, he met Jun Yeyan unexpectedly.

Looking at Ye Zhaojue who frowned, Jun Yeyan did not panic. He said: “Excuse me, uncle. I originally planned to visit you in a few days, but I didn’t expect that I would be so rude today.”

Ye Zhaojue, who was originally thinking, was also called back to himself by Jun Yeyan’s voice. He looked at Jun Yeyan seriously: “If it is not because of Aoxue, maybe I can’t have any intersection with you, Your Highness.”

When Jun Yeyan listened to Ye Zhaojue’s words, he nodded in agreement.

Although he knew that Ye Zhaojue was talented and brave in the past, Ye Zhaojue did not pose a threat to him, so he did not care about him all. However, fate actually played a trick on him. The person that he did not care about was the closest relative of the people he loved most now.

Seeing that Jun Yeyan also agreed with his words, Ye Zhaojue continued: “I thought you might not be what you looked like, but I had no more interest in knowing you. I have been fighting for Chengxi for so many years. The only reason is that I only want to pretend Aoxue from being bullied. When someone wants to bully her, her uncle is a general who can protect her.”

There was firmness in Ye Zhaojue’s eyes that even couldn’t be surpassed by Jun Yeyan. The firmness in his eyes meant that he would protect Bai Aoxue with his life.

“Now, Aoxue is going to marry you. If she is forced by His Majesty, I will definitely turn the whole Chengxi upside down, but Aoxue told me that she was willing to marry you. I owe her too much and I didn’t shoulder responsibility as an uncle, but since this is Aoxue’s choice, I will not stop her.” Ye Zhaojue looked at Jun Yeyan without blinking.

After listening to Ye Zhaojue’s words, Jun Yeyan did not express any opinion. He also looked at Ye Zhaojue seriously.

“I didn’t want Aoxue to be involved in your royal family. I was afraid that Aoxue would become a prey in such an intrigue. However, it seems that I thought too much. I have underestimated Aoxue and you. But this is also good. I will go back to the battlefield anyway. If one day I sacrifice, Aoxue will be alone. Now she has you, at least Aoxue will not feel lonely.” Ye Zhaojue smiled with gratification.

Looking at Ye Zhaojue who considered the interests of Bai Aoxue, Jun Yeyan was filled with emotions. Ye Zhaojue might not be a successful big brother, but he was a successful uncle.