Chapter 39: A Grisly Secret

Wenxi went quietly according to the place where Bai Aoxue said.

Su Qianqian, who was here in the ancestral hall, was getting angry.

"What are you doing here? Don't you remember who let you live good lives like this! A group of bitches!!" Su Qianqian hysterically shouted at that closed wooden door!

The servants outside the door completely ignored the screaming of Su Qianqian.

"Should we allow her to scream like this? After all, she is the most beloved woman of my lord." A timid attendant asked another who stood next to him with a little worry.

After listening to the words of that timid attendant, another attendant said: "Which do you think that is scarier, my lord or the one inside?"

"It’s definitely my lord!" The timid attendant said without thinking.

The attendant listened, then dismissively glanced at the timid attendant and said: "That’s it. Since my lord is scarier, then you don't try to defy what he said!"

That attendant also found his words reasonable. Compared with Su Qianqian, Bai Qiwei was still more powerful. As servants, they had better not to challenge the authority of their Miss.

After listening to Su Qianqian’s screaming in the darkness, Wenxi even more disdain this woman who replaced Bai Aoxue’s mother.

Before they came here, people in imperial palace had told them some experiences of Bai Aoxue.

Bai Aoxue was humiliated in Prime Minister’s mansion. And all of these were caused by Su Qianqian, a woman who was cunning and poisonous.

She was treated very well by Bai Aoxue's mother during her lifetime, but she bit the hand that fed her and became so ungrateful. Such a woman deserved to be reviled by people. It was no wonder that Bai Aoxue now hated everything in Prime Minister’s mansion.

Thinking of this, Wenxi cannot help but sympathize with Bai Aoxue. Although they didn’t have the status and honor of Bai Aoxue, they didn’t encounter such experiences.

She should be the first daughter who enjoyed endless love, but now she was even more embarrassed than a servant.

When Wenxi was still thinking, Steward Bai had already come to the hall with a basket.

"Steward Bai, why do you come here?" The attendant saw Steward Bai and asked him flatteringly.

Steward Bai was also an authoritative person in Prime Minister’s mansion. He has been following Bai Qiwei since his adulthood and has been valued and trusted by Bai Qiwei.

"Cough, I receive orders from my lord to send things to my lady." Steward Bai looked at the attendants.

The attendant did not suspect Steward Bai after listening to his words.

"Oh, I see. Steward Bai, do you need me to send them for you or do you send them in by yourself? My lady is angry at the present." The attendant looked at Steward Bai obsequiously.

Steward Bai immediately knew why Su Qianqian got angry once he heard that.

Bai Qiwei issued an order which prohibited all contacts between Su Qianqian and the outside world. Even meals were delivered by the attendants he chose. How could Su Qianqian not feel angry? As bad-tempered as she, it would be strange if she didn’t raise the hell.