Chapter 37: To Destroy Flowers

When Bai Aoxue heard her name, she raised up her eyebrows beyond expectation. She turned around to the direction of Cangsheng but saw him firmly looking at her.

Bai Aoxue probably knew what of kind imperial edict it was.

Stepping forward, Bai Aoxue slowly knelt down and said: "Bai Aoxue, the daughter of a minister, receives the imperial edict."

At the same time, those people in Prime Minister’s mansion kneeled together with Bai Aoxue.

"Long live the emperor!"

No longer being hesitated, Cangsheng opened up the imperial edict and read: "Divine rights come from Gods; His Majesty enacts the imperial edict. I grant Bai Aoxue, the first daughter of Prime Minister Bai, who is elegant and has a pure heart, who is kind and gentle, to my royal brother who is the 5th prince of Chengxi Dynasty. I am happy to announce this news. Their wedding is held after ten days. And I wish that they will love and cherish each other for the rest of their lives!"

He finished the imperial edict in one breath, and then he was surrounded by silence.

"Thanks for His Majesty for granting marriage to us. Aoxue is greatly appreciated!" Bai Aoxue's indifferent voice sounded in the quiet front yard.

There was no trace of emotion in Bai Aoxue’s voice. Everyone wanted to hear more but Bai Aoxue no longer spoke.

Bai Aoxue took over the imperial edict from Cangsheng’s hands and looked at everyone.

But everyone’s eyes were filled with shock. They all thought that the current Bai Aoxue may resist, but never expect that Bai Aoxue would receive the imperial edict so easily.

Bai Aoxue's lips slightly curled and tilted, and it was rosy without using lipstick. Her smile was just like the melting of the first snow. The present were all flipped.

"How? You don't come to congratulate me? I have to leave in ten days. Aren’t you guys happy?" Bai Aoxue was laughing, but the words she asked actually influenced everyone.

"Bai Aoxue, stop being so mad! I will see whether you could still laugh after a few days!" Bai Suxue looked at Bai Aoxue's smile and only felt it unusually sarcastic.

Bai Suxue, who did not think too much, immediately stood up and yelled.

Looking at her sister who had the same blood as her, there was nothing but indifference in Bai Aoxue’s eyes.

At this time, Bai Aoxue felt grateful that the original Bai Aoxue had already passed away. If she were still there, would she still have the courage to live after seeing her sister and her families treat her like this?

Just when Bai Aoxue was about to talk, Cangsheng who couldn’t stand it anymore replied: "Miss Bai, don't forget that I haven’t let you up yet. You are greatly disrespectful to His Majesty!"

At this time, Bai Suxue discovered that everyone around her was still kneeling on the ground including Bai Aoxue. Only she stood because of being emotional.

Bai Suxue's face turned pale immediately.

"Suxue! What are you doing! Kneel down!" Bai Qiwei punished her loudly.