Chapter 54: I Am Willing to Marry Him!

When Ye Zhaojue heard this delicate voice, his expression changed.

Bai Aoxue looked at Ye Zhaojue in confusion. She would not think that anyone in Chengxi would be so bold to call the name of Ye Zhaojue directly. Besides, this person was a woman.

Ye Zhaojue smiled at Bai Aoxue awkwardly: “That is Princess Luoyan of Mobei. She is coming here to marry for unity.”

Bai Aoxue listened to Ye Zhaojue’s words and nodded, while she was still curious. She believed that something must have happened between them.

"We should leave first. Steward Bai will take care of everything." Ye Zhaojue did not intend to say more. No longer paying attention, he walked towards the carriage that has already been prepared together with Bai Aoxue.

Bai Aoxue saw that Ye Zhaojue didn’t explain, so she did not question further.

Following Ye Zhaojue into the carriage, Bai Aoxue indeed did not hear the voice of that woman named Luoyan again.

She thought that Bai Qiwei has already started to communicate with her.

On the carriage, Bai Aoxue sat in a cautious manner with Ye Zhaojue at the opposite.

Neither of them talked. Ye Zhaojue carefully observed his niece whom he has not seen for more than a year. He felt that something has changed just now, but he did not think too much. Now, when he sat down and looked at her carefully, he obviously noticed that something was different.

Now it seemed that except for her appearance, nothing was the same. Although Bai Aoxue used to respect him, she was still afraid of him more or less, while now Bai Aoxue seemed to have no fear at all except respect.

Although Ye Zhaojue had doubts, he did not intend to ask now. He believed that Bai Aoxue would tell him.

And Ye Zhaojue was right about it. At this time, Bai Aoxue was thinking about how to tell Ye Zhaojue her changes.

After a while, they arrived at General’s mansion.

After Bai Aoxue got off the carriage, she looked at General’s mansion which was exactly the same as what was in her memory. She could not help sighing.

"Aoxue, let's go. This is your home." Ye Zhaojue once again reached out his hand and touched Bai Aoxue's small head.

Bai Aoxue gave Ye Zhaojue a smile. Following Ye Zhaojue’s footsteps, she slowly entered General’s mansion.

"General, little Miss, you are finally back!" The old housekeeper hobbled to Ye Zhaojue, his eyes filling with tears.

Bai Aoxue knew this old man. He worked hard for General’s mansion for a lifetime and he was extremely nice to Bai Aoxue.

"Uncle Fu, I am back. Thank you for all the trouble you’ve taken all these years." Ye Zhaojue stepped forward and held uncle Fu by the arm with gratitude.

Uncle Fu looked at Ye Zhaojue and nodded with shivering: "As long as you’re safe. I was afraid that I can't see you in my lifetime, General!"

Bai Aoxue looked at the old man and found that there was still a sense of intimacy in her heart. She could not help but going forward: "Uncle Fu, you can’t say that. You’re going to live for a hundred years!"