Chapter 91: Who Will Be the Winner

Looking at Bai Aoxue meaningfully, Ye Zhaojue sighed and compromised: “Fine…you have grown up and you should have an opinion of yourself.”

Looking at Ye Zhaojue, Bai Aoxue wanted to say something but stopped. She knew that Ye Zhaojue didn’t want her to go back to that place where she was apt to get into trouble, but she must go back.

“Uncle…” Bai Aoxue said softly, but she didn’t know what she was going to say.

Ye Zhaojue stroked Bai Aoxue’s head and looked out through the window: “Aoxue, I won’t say anything. I know that you have your own choices and ideas. Anyway, as long as you think you’re right, I will support you.”

Bai Aoxue enjoyed the warmth that Ye Zhaojue gave her. Both of them were silent, and Mumian was standing aside quietly. She wasn’t willing to disturb this hard-won warmth.

In the end, Ye Zhaojue’s words broke this peaceful silence.

“Well, Aoxue, you should take a rest. I need to make preparations for your leaving.” Ye Zhaojue smiled slightly. Presumably, only Bai Aoxue could see his warm smile.

No one could imagine that such a warm-hearted smile would creep over the face of this soldier who was decisive and tough on the battlefield.

How lucky Bai Aoxue was?

“Sure. You can go ahead, uncle.” Bai Aoxue compressed her thin lips in a smile.

Ye Zhaojue left quickly without hesitation.

When he was about to leave the inner room, he heard Bai Aoxue’s voice which was pleasant but shy.

“Uncle, thank you.”

When Ye Zhaojue heard what Bai Aoxue said, he picked up his mouth and smiled then walked out of the inner room with big strides.

That day was a spring sunny day which shouldn’t be missed.

After Ye Zhaojue left, Bai Aoxue said: “Mumian, go to see Hongxiu and Wenxi.”

Although Mumian wanted to stay with Bai Aoxue, she should visit Hongxiu and Wenxi since they were also very pitiful. They even couldn’t move about now.

“Miss, I’m leaving, but you can’t move about on the floor now.” Mumian still worried about Bai Aoxue, so she exhorted her not to move around.

Bai Aoxue nodded and said: “I know. Don’t worry.”

Although Mumian heard Bai Aoxue’s guarantee, she still did not feel at ease. She kept looking back when she left.

After Mumian left, the door that was closed by her burst open immediately.

Looking at the furry body that was galloping towards her, Bai Aoxue picked up her smile slightly and said: “Chidian, I have no strength to fight back, so you can eat me now.”

Chidian came to Bai Aoxue then gently rubbed Bai Aoxue’s palm. After listening to Bai Aoxue’s words, Chidian looked up slightly. He glanced at Bai Aoxue disdainfully then continued to rub Bai Aoxue’s palm.

Bai Aoxue’s palms were cold all year round, but Chidian felt very comfortable when he was rubbing her palm. He even didn’t want to leave.

Bai Aoxue looked at Chidian. It seemed that Chidian was saying, “I won’t take the risk of your misfortunes when you are so weak.”

When Bai Aoxue was about to speak, Chidian quickly turned around then stood in front of Bai Aoxue. He curled himself slightly. His front paws dug the ground impatiently, and he glared at a spot fiercely.