Chapter 53: Let's Go Home

The surrounding people shouted excitedly: "Generals is back! Our General returns in triumph!"

People shouted happily and excitedly. It was not difficult to hear from their voice that everyone sincerely respected Ye Zhaojue.

Ye Zhaojue vigorously jumped off the horseback. The crowd automatically gave the way for him.

Ye Zhaojue walked quickly to Jun Wuhen with one knee kneeling down: "I, Ye Zhaojue, pay respect to Your Majesty!"

Jun Wuhen immediately stepped forward and handed Ye Zhaojue. He said: "General Ye, you’re dispensing with politeness. I’m really moving to see all the trouble you’ve taken!"

Ye Zhaojue got up and stood beside Jun Wuhen: "Your Majesty over admired me. It’s my honor to serve for Chengxi! And I could take all the bitterness and adversity with a smile!"

The people around Ye Zhaojue were all moved and even worshipped him more after listening to his words.

"I’m very pleased that you can think so! Ye General, thank you for all the tough work. Today, you should enter the palace together with me. I’ve prepared a banquet to welcome you!" Jun Wuhen looked at Ye Zhaojue and said with satisfaction.

After hearing the words of Jun Wuhen, Ye Zhaojue frowned slightly and said: "Responding to Your Majesty, I haven’t been back for years and I miss my niece very much. Please allow me to see her first."

Jun Wuhen understood from Ye Zhaojue's words that he loved Bai Aoxue very much. He certainly knew that Bai Aoxue was going to get married, so he didn’t stop him.

"Well, General Ye, you could go. You should come to the banquet tonight together with Miss Bai." Jun Wuhen said considerately.

"Thank you, Your Majesty! The ambassador of Mobei is coming together with me this time. Steward Bai, please arrange accommodations for them!" Ye Zhaojue faintly looked at Bai Qiwei who stood behind Jun Wuhen.

Jun Wuhen forgot the ambassador of Mobei for a moment because of the return of Ye Zhaojue. He said in a hurry: "Oh, my poor memory! Don’t worry, General Ye. I will tell them to arrange!"

"So, please forgive my retreat!" Ye Zhaojue left after saluting to Jun Wuhen.

Everyone saw Ye Zhaojue go to a corner. They made way for him, but no one left.

Their eyes were closely following Ye Zhaojue only because Ye Zhaojue was the unbeaten god of war in Chengxi Dynasty. A man who was admired by everyone!

Bai Aoxue, who was standing at the corner, looked at Ye Zhaojue who stepped toward her. She slowly retreated instead of being indifferent and cold like she used to be.

Mumian who stood beside her also found the abnormality of Bai Aoxue. She stretched out her hand and grasped that of Bai Aoxue: "Miss, that is your uncle!"

Bai Aoxue looked at Mumian with surprise, while saw that Mumian looked at her firmly. This kind of gaze made Bai Aoxue, who was originally anxious and restless, calm down a lot.

"Thank you, Mumian!" Bai Aoxue gripped Mumian’s hand.

Taking a deep breath, Bai Aoxue stopped retreating. There were less anxiety and irritability in her eyes. Raising her head, she looked at Ye Zhaojue who came to her with vigorous strides.